Introduction

Julian

Hello. My name is Julian and I am a new male middle eastern dancer from Missouri. I recently joined a local beginner Egyptian style dance course. The instructor is enthusiastic about having a male student. After two sessions of class, I still feel quite clumsy in many areas (especially in chest and arm movements). I hope to get better as I practice more.

lizaj

Hello. My name is Julian and I am a new male middle eastern dancer from Missouri. I recently joined a local beginner Egyptian style dance course. The instructor is enthusiastic about having a male student. After two sessions of class, I still feel quite clumsy in many areas (especially in chest and arm movements). I hope to get better as I practice more.

Welcome to the forum, Julian. It's great to hear of open-minded teachers and good luck with your dancing.

Sita

Just to say....

Sita:D

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Clumsy? Let me tell you about clumsy! I only know one way to learn dancing - and that's to blunder myself through it enough times that I finally get it.

Welcome aboard!

Pirika Repun

Welcome to the forum!:cool:

Don’t worry about clumsy thing, because you have never done any of Oriental movements before (I assume), so of course everybody has clumsy feeling! It’s very natural, and time will tell. Be patient and step by step, nothing will be done for over night. You can ask questions for shimmy brothers and sisters in here, they are very nice and give you a lot of good advice and information. Keep practice. ;)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi Julian Welcome to the forum. Don't worry that clumsy feeling will lessen:D When I first started I didn't seem to know my right from my left, and suddenly found I had 1/2 dozen left feet, and a few extra limp arms:lol: ... but it does get better, a lot better so just keep on dancing!
~Mosaic

Aniseteph

Hi Julian, and welcome. :dance:

I still do clumsy every time something new comes along or if I'm having a bad day. I know now to just get on with it and not worry; that's what bodies do when they are learning new strange ways to move. It all gets better with practice - keep at it and sooner or later you'll be wondering why you found that move so difficult.