What's your worst photo while performing?

Yshka

Not particularly horrible but one I did have a good laugh about. On second thought.... it is quite horrible is it...?

"Is it a bird..... is it an airplane..... is it Godzilla... no it's... it's... it's.... A LEG!!!!!!:shok:"

Now please wait while I clean Diet Coke out of my keyboard from watching Alosha's pic. That was priceless!!:lol:

Last edited:

gisela

Super Moderator
Thank's Yshka for a great laugh! The picture is adorable but your comment is hilarious! :lol: love it!

Safran

Yshka, I love the look of surprise on your face - "I didn't know I had a leg under all those skirts!" So cute! :)

I have a pic where I look like I was a pretzel in my previous life. I'll try to find it and post it here too.

Miyu

Urgh...

Daimona

Miyu: I can see you've been dancing at Hatam restaurant - but why is this your worst picture?

I have too many bad pics from performances.. wouldn't even know where to start.. :rolleyes:

Miyu

Daimona: So youve been there? I see now that you are from norway!
Its bad because my face looks weird, and some strange hands too!
But it was fitting for an awful performance :lol:

Yshka

Thanks dear ladies for making my day. Suddenly I don't feel so bad about it :lol: And I'm loving this thread. Please share more uglies/weirdies.
I have so many weird pictures from shows. It's like from a 100 pictures you get from performances, only 10 or so are really worth it.

I absolutely love the photographer who did these, I also have many pretty pictures from that show. But I guess it's photographing moving dancers that's kind of difficult. Halfway-during-a-move-shots don't always turn out well for us don't they?;) Here's another one for you girls from the same show.

Anyone remember that spell for making objects levitate from the first Harry Potter movie? "Wingardium Leviosar!":redface:

"All clear Houston, ready for takeoff in three, two, one...."

Last edited:

Amulya

I have found that really disgusting picture of mine! I look 6 months pregnant on this one because it was right in the time that I was on medication that made me overweight and I couldn't loose enough weight in time for this performance :(. Feel free to laugh :lol:
(I edited my face because Photobucket is not private)

Last edited:

gisela

Super Moderator
oh come on! Overweight is not disgusting. I would never laugh at someone's belly. I know it can be a drag not to have the preferred weight and shape but I wouldn't scorn anyone for it. It does look a bit funny with that swirl on your face though :lol:

Amulya

Gisela, I'm always super harsh on myself and this picture really really shocked me :shok: (especially because the rest of me looked normal and I only had that weird 'pregnant' belly). Anyway, the weight is nearly all gone, so I'm happy now :)

Ranya

Amulya, I think someone who does not know the "context" of this pic of yours would probably not find it horrible at all!
It's just because you know how you look "in real life", but otherwise the pic looks nice IMHO! :)

gisela

Super Moderator
Gisela, I'm always super harsh on myself and this picture really really shocked me :shok: (especially because the rest of me looked normal and I only had that weird 'pregnant' belly). Anyway, the weight is nearly all gone, so I'm happy now :)

I understand, I get shocked sometimes too, because I have an image in my mind of how I look and when I see a picture where I look much much bigger it's shocking. Others often don't see the awfulness oneself sees. Luckily ;)

Daimona

I understand, I get shocked sometimes too, because I have an image in my mind of how I look and when I see a picture where I look much much bigger it's shocking. Others often don't see the awfulness oneself sees. Luckily ;)

It’s rather common, I believe. Usually others don't see the same flaws as we do ourselves, and if there are parts of ourselves we don’t like, we tend to see this instead of the nice details and all the things that actually may make it a great picture.

From a photographer's and audience's point of view, I think pictures showing part of the dancer’s personality and style of dance are far more interesting than the classical (boring) poses often seen. Although, as dancers we would probably prefer those “perfect” images boosting our self esteem, rather than the images revealing our personality and style.

Perhaps a hand is sloppy, or you’ve been shot in the middle of an undulation that makes your belly protrude, but the last one is just bad timing of the photographer and the sloppy hand is just something you’d have to work on while dancing.

Miyu: Yes, I was there in September during the week-end with Aziza (both taking photos and dancing).

Last edited:

Amulya

It’s rather common, I believe. Usually others don't see the same flaws as we do ourselves, and if there are parts of ourselves we don’t like, we tend to see this instead of the nice details and all the things that actually may make it a great picture. .

It is true that we ourselves see things that others don't. It's a pity that that picture was the only one of that performance and I was also pulling a weird grimace LOL, maybe other pictures might have looked different. This was an awkward angle too, probably mid-camel or something haha.

onela

I've got lots of bad childhood ballet pics (so many I couldn't even pick!), but my absolute worst photo of me "performing" is actually a race photo from my first 5K. You guys complain about your unflattering dance photos, but I really don't think anybody looks good running. Not even pros like Shalane Flanagan!

Corylus

My worst photograph was taken very recently. Last Sunday, at our hafla, someone took photos during a group choreography that I danced in. In one particular photo, all of my fellow dancers are facing the front, arms beautifully posed, all doing the same thing. I, on the other hand, am facing to the side and look as though I am half way through a spin in a world of my own!:lol:

Last edited:

LunaXJJ

I have found that really disgusting picture of mine! I look 6 months pregnant on this one because it was right in the time that I was on medication that made me overweight and I couldn't loose enough weight in time for this performance :(. Feel free to laugh :lol:
(I edited my face because Photobucket is not private)

You can set your photobucket to private. Trust me, I wouldn't have my horrid prom pictures on there if I couldn't hide them. =] Go to "my home" (you should be right there when you first log in), then click account settings. You'll find the option to make your PB private in there.

This thread is great, you can catch some interesting looks on people when you freeze frame. =] I'm sure plenty of us have paused a movie just to see even the most beautiful actors, and actresses look like scrubs, and hags. XD