Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sadie

Post Thanks / Like

My friend took Sadie's WS and she told me that why Sadie started to focus on more techniques and crazy isolations, because she didn't want people to look at her face. She was very shy, and she didn't people to look at her face while she is dancing, so she started to develop all crazy isolation movements of hips and torso, so people more focus on her hip moves than her face.

Post Thanks / Like

As said before, she is beautiful, she has great technique, and personally, I love watching her! Yes, sometimes some of the choreography can be a bit too suggestive for my taste, but that does not mean she is not good or not a good teacher. Perhaps the reason some feel that passion is missing is because it IS choreographed?????

Post Thanks / Like

I remember the first time I saw that video on youtube of Sadie doing the drum solo that has about 10 million views. I was impressed but not captivated. I've watched several videos of hers. I have not been a fan of her costumes (although that is entirely just personal preference, she has a beautiful figure) or her performances. Talented, beautiful woman, just she has never left me hanging on the edge of my seat with my eyes glued to her. Although I can't fault her dancing. I just put it down to the subjective nature of dance. Considering how everyone has a different opinion of what an amazing performance is, I think it is great that belly dance has so much "wiggle room" and variety. THere is something for everyone.

I personally find her mechanical and too premeditated, but that is just my opinion which at te end of the day, doesn't mean much lol. I like a dancer who appears to be completely into the music and caught up in the moment and she never comes across that way, to me anyway. But again to each their own. Still if I had an opportunity to I would attend a workshop of hers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Animallover View Post
    I think it's that she can move unlike anyone I've ever seen
    And thank god for that. I think she is a fantastic dancer with the most awful taste I've ever seen. I wouldn't hesitate to say it to her face either. Not a fan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizaj View Post
    Why do you think she is a good belly dancer to watch. I find her technically so sharp yet she lacks the emotion of many Egyptian style dancers, a connection to the music and makes me feel tired watching her
    Mind you I haven't seen her live and that might be very different. I heard high praise of her from IBDC. Did you go?
    I saw her live at IBDC and thought she gave an amazing performance, which was pitched just about right for the occasion (given that it was an "East meets West" night with a variety of styles and all the performers were excellent in their own way). However, I've seen quite a few videos where I am less than impressed - I agree with the "technical sharpness" but this is only one aspect of dancing and agree about the lack of emotion. I think she needs to take some sound advice re her choice of projects in the future in order to keep up her reputation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirika Repun View Post
    My friend took Sadie's WS and she told me that why Sadie started to focus on more techniques and crazy isolations, because she didn't want people to look at her face.
    Cough! A "shy" dancer that has simulated sex on stage in front of a family audience? Or takes part in a video like this Sadie and Kaya in trashy music video (Bhuz) Now that's spin!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
    Cough! A "shy" dancer that has simulated sex on stage in front of a family audience? Or takes part in a video like this Sadie and Kaya in trashy music video (Bhuz) Now that's spin!
    Yeah. I know. I never Sadie's fan and I never even think about taking her WS in first place anyway. My friend who took her WS told me this story. I think Sadie told her students this story, but again, I never take her WS, so I have no idea. I don't know when was her infamous Kama Sutra Rakkasha performance with Kaya, but my friend took her WS in 2008, so maybe Sadie tried to clean up her image? Clearly my friend don't know anything about Kama Sutra thing, and neither did I. But I'm not her fan anyway, so whatever...

BTW, we talk about the video in YouTube thread. http://www.bellydanceforums.net/vide...sic-video.html

Post Thanks / Like

I love her style,she is fantastic.
    her control and movements astound me and have my chin to the floor.

love this

YouTube - Awesome Belly Dancers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fluidhips View Post
    I love her style,she is fantastic.
    her control and movements astound me and have my chin to the floor.

love this

YouTube - Awesome Belly Dancers

YouTube - Sadie TAXICAB CONFESSIONS 2002 17

yeh I listened to this and my jaw dropped.
    I wish she controlled her mouth as well.

Post Thanks / Like

you know,you should really stop bithing off other dancers you are so very jealous of.

bad mouthing bitches are the words that come to mind when I read this thread,as dancers you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast