Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I looooooooooooove these! Super elegant and resplendent! No wonder these look familiar - from Dancing Rahana. I love their costumes there. I want gold next time

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post

Post Thanks / Like

I like this.
    Hey - i have that! in silver and instead of coins, it's only medallions and bells, but the medallions are mirrored and it catches the light beautifully - same design though. They sell the version i have on dahlal.

I haven't used it yet because i don't know how to construct a bra that i can cover (i don't want to use a lingerie bra as is - i'm top heavy and in constant fear of costume mishaps. I'm also not sure what kind of skirt will look best with the belt. straight skirts don't look so great on me because my hips are so darn gigantic and i think i need something flat so that the drape of the belt will show - any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

For a skirt, what about a velvet trumpet skirt? I think that would look really nice. For the bra you could try to construct one by buying a heavy duty padded bra and line it with buckram on the inside. That works quite well. Or maybe you can find a ready made bra base.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestion Amulya - i'm still worried about skirts that are fitted around my hips because they're so big that i look kind of silly and since i'm so short, there mightn't be much distance between the fitted part and the flare, which mightn't carry the style well.

I'll try the bra though, but i'm very worried about the bra straps, any ideas on how to reinforce those?

N.B i am NOT handy with a needle and thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Amulya - i'm still worried about skirts that are fitted around my hips because they're so big that i look kind of silly and since i'm so short, there mightn't be much distance between the fitted part and the flare, which mightn't carry the style well.

I'll try the bra though, but i'm very worried about the bra straps, any ideas on how to reinforce those?

Mya,

One other idea for being able to use a coin belt is to use a shawl or plain hip wrap underneath and use a plain circle skirt, or even shalvar (harem pants) That is usually what I do when I want to wear my coin belt. It is a somewhat tribally-fusion, Bal Anant look (created by Jamilia Salimpour).

I also, at one time during the winter holiday season, found a velvet bra that was suitable as it was for attaching coins. Never seen one like it again though. but a coin bra cover could also be used over a choli, under which you could wear a regular bra, if you had a solid back type choli. it could be attached to the choli only when you want to use it. It would have to be pinned securely to your bra though, and if it is really heavy this might not work.

Marya

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely...where did you find the last 2 are they for sale??

Junior Member just_an_ODDalisque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post

In that case you'd better find another type of skirt, but there are many options I think.

For bra straps: I just take them off and replace them with straps I make out of heavy duty cotton covered with fabric. Works fine

Post Thanks / Like

Those are so beautiful! I love the elegant beadwork - not too much, just enough, I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zahiraah View Post
    Love this one...
    Oh this one is gorgeous!