Beautiful costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-Tip

Farasha Hanem

I found this when I went to Rahana's site to look at Kayshier's dream costume. I love coins.

:shok:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D!!!!!

I love everything about this dress except the color.
If this were in an emerald green, a rust, a dark copper color or a dark burgundy..... :yay:

SharifWEAR.com - Original designs for divas who dance - Perfect for clubs, classes and performances - Salsa, Gypsy, Tribal, Oriental, Egyptian, Belly Dancing

:shok::shok:

*SQUEEEEEEEEZ AGAIN!!!!!!!!* :D:D:D:D:D

(i LOVE pink!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanazel

Hmmm. Pretty color and it looked very nice when she was relatively still, but as she danced it began to look like she had one boob in a sling which didn't offer much support. Every time she bounced, I winced.

By the way, this is not to trash your opinion, Kayshier! I agree it is elegant and has excellent possibilities, but it needs some foundational tweaking.

kayshier

Hmmm. Pretty color and it looked very nice when she was relatively still, but as she danced it began to look like she had one boob in a sling which didn't offer much support. Every time she bounced, I winced.

By the way, this is not to trash your opinion, Kayshier! I agree it is elegant and has excellent possibilities, but it needs some foundational tweaking.

yes i know its not about trashing my opinion.:)
and yes the boob thing is an issue.

Shanazel

It is a very dangerous costume, as well. A very busty dancer could trip on her veil, up that unfettered boob would come and BINGO! Black eye.

lizaj

I found this costume I really liked but the colour is just horrible!!

I do really like the skirt though.

I love that colour..soft grey blue BUT I don't think it works well as a costume colour .They rarely look good if they are subtle/soft/gentle even if they flatter/suit the individual

Marya

Beautiful new (to me) costume designed and made by Aisha Azar

The photos don't do them justice. The skirt is asymmetric with pointed ends on the sides and front with decorated leggings, which you can't really see.

Hand beaded gorgeous.

Marya

Aisha Azar

Costume

Dear Gang,
This was one of my one of my costumes that I designed in the late 90s. Marya came by one day and tried it on and she looked really good in in it!! The fringe is in the longer style because even though by then I had shortened mine considerably, I was in the mood for some long geometric looking fringe. I mixed the beads for the color I wanted and spent a day or two making the fringe. I always forget to take photos of them, so its nice when someone else does!
Regards,
A'isha

Phoebedances

The photos don't do them justice. The skirt is asymmetric with pointed ends on the sides and front with decorated leggings, which you can't really see.

Hand beaded gorgeous.

Marya

That's a very cool concept with all the geometric theme going on. I like the way the diamond shaped cut outs mirror what is going on in the fabric. What color beads did you use? In the photo it looks a bit golden, but that could be the flash.

And how do you do that much fringe in a couple of days? You must be a beading madwoman, A'isha. :D

Aisha Azar

Beads

That's a very cool concept with all the geometric theme going on. I like the way the diamond shaped cut outs mirror what is going on in the fabric. What color beads did you use? In the photo it looks a bit golden, but that could be the flash.

And how do you do that much fringe in a couple of days? You must be a beading madwoman, A'isha. :D

Dear Phoebe,
Beading it actually took about a week. The beads are sort of clunky and bigger than I usually use, but they did what I wanted them to do. I think, if I remember right, I mixed either gold and white or gold and silver. Marya has the costume so I am not sure now.
Usually for a fully beaded costume with lots of hand beaded appliques, I can expect to work on it for 6-7 weeks if I really get on it.
Regards,
A'isha

Marya

Dear Phoebe,
Beading it actually took about a week. The beads are sort of clunky and bigger than I usually use, but they did what I wanted them to do. I think, if I remember right, I mixed either gold and white or gold and silver. Marya has the costume so I am not sure now.
Usually for a fully beaded costume with lots of hand beaded appliques, I can expect to work on it for 6-7 weeks if I really get on it.
Regards,
A'isha

The beads are gold and white, the fabric is black stretchy knit with iridescent sparkles.

Marya

Status
Not open for further replies.