Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gwinity View Post
    It's not one for sale or anything, but I absolutely adore this set. When I'm good enough, maybe, and know what I'm doing with beading bra-cups, I might have a go at replicating it (minus the giant black nipple-beads)...
    Love this one! hehe nipple-beads. I'm not too much into those kind like the ones with the beads in the middle of the cup dangling. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I found this thread on Bhuz with some of the most gorgeous costumes I've ever seen! The cost of them isn't too bad, considering how unique and well made most of them are and the designs are absolutely exquisite!

Unique professional bellydance costumes by Asher! - BELLYDANCE CENTRAL - Everything Belly Dance! Welcome to BHUZ - Biggest Online BellyDance Community

Angela, if you are out there, this Angelika has two designs in the thread for peacock costumes, which if I remember, you really like. I love the spring rain one later in the thread, which is just gorgeous. for some reason on her website, she doesn't show the pictures, which I think is a shame.

Phoebe

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too keen on the appliqued flower designs, but I love this monochromatic scheme:
    Last edited by Shanazel; 10-27-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Phoebe! Most of the costumes you showed are just totally resplendent!

These below are my favorites. Hmmm. I wonder if I should plan on making a black & gold costume instead of just all gold, hehe. Thank you for sharing Phoebe!

Hey Queen Shanazel! I agree with you on the appliques of the aqua-colored (?) peacock costume. It is obvious that they're appliques but there are some who make appliques appear as if it's really beaded in, if you know what I mean. But the one you pointed just look so much like appliques. Do you have any advice about putting appliques so they don't appear too appliquey (hahaha!) or unelegant? Thank you, as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebedances View Post
    Some of the most gorgeous costumes I've ever seen! The cost of them isn't too bad, considering how unique and well made most of them are and the designs are absolutely exquisite!

Angela, if you are out there, this Angelika has two designs in the thread for peacock costumes, which if I remember, you really like. I love the spring rain one later in the thread, which is just gorgeous.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't object to applique per se, and I think the peacock costume is nice. It is those big flower appliques that don't appeal to me- they remind me of the giant flower prints used in clothes during certain parts of my childhood. I'd call the following picture "Sweet Susie Purebread Goes to Her Sweet Sixteen Hafla Decked in Flowers." Pure personal prejudice- I'm not the pastel floral type.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get into alot of flowery ones usually, but hers are more appealing to me. She certainly has an eye for color too. The Firebird one later in the thread is fabulous with the purples and oranges.

Angela, I could see you wearing either of those costumes. I liked the peacock one later in the thread where she had the feathers looking like they were falling down the strap and around one bra cup.. lovely effect, that. I actually adore applicae work if it is done well. I want to learn how to do it!

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely agree with you about her eye for color, even in the pastel flowers. Everything is- well, sort of unexpected and refreshing. She chooses variations of traditional color schemes that manage not to look traditional at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    I absolutely agree with you about her eye for color, even in the pastel flowers. Everything is- well, sort of unexpected and refreshing. She chooses variations of traditional color schemes that manage not to look traditional at all.
    I think you are right, they aren't the same 'ol color schemes for sure. They sort of remind me of a color chart that I found in an art book where the opposite of red was more a turquoise-like green rather than a pure green and the opposite of blue was orange. I wonder if she uses the same color theory?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    I'm not too keen on the appliqued flower designs, but I love this monochromatic scheme:

I like it, I'm not sure if they are appliques, because some of the other costumes also have these kind of things on them. Maybe she makes them first seperately and then put them on. Here is a close-up:

Post Thanks / Like

oo, i love peacock costumes too. definitely on my 'dream costumes' list! one day...