Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaJP View Post
    Yes Phoebe and Amulya, those 2 really stand out! Exquisite design and beadwork. Just beautiful! Is the beading done one bead at a time? Must be soooo tedious!

I don't think I'll look good wearing the lavender one.

My arms are kinda muscled and don't look too feminine especially when I do the snake arms. I look like a Filipina tranny, eeeeeeeek! So I'd like to put something nice around my arms to make it look more feminine.
    Angela the last half of that post made me laugh! I seriously doubt that you could look like a Filipina tranny, lovely lady!

Also I never would have chosen lavender for a costume, but when I was costume shopping ages ago the shop owner recommended silver and lavender for me. I initially told him that it would look terrible on me with my colouring, but then he convinced me to try it on anyway - and to my surprise I CAN wear lavender! So you never know...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizaj View Post
    I just so want one like this but did I read somewhere that no one wants to see a dancer all covered up...well I'll go for any flattering dress..believe me !

The person saying that is from Egypt, maybe over there people don't like to hire dancers in dresses? But why would there be so many belly dance dresses for sale if no one would be hired when wearing them?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suha Deeb

Suha Deeb is dancing by the way. Here's a recent photo from a performance in Beirut. Isn't the costume fabulous??? It was custom made by Roni Eid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maylynn View Post
    Angela the last half of that post made me laugh! I seriously doubt that you could look like a Filipina tranny, lovely lady!...
    Hahaha! Thank you Maylynn!

Also I never would have chosen lavender for a costume, but when I was costume shopping ages ago the shop owner recommended silver and lavender for me. I initially told him that it would look terrible on me with my colouring, but then he convinced me to try it on anyway - and to my surprise I CAN wear lavender! So you never know
    Hey, I saw your lavender and silver costume. You looked stunning in it and it's beautiful! Yours isnt with floral pastel designs though. What I meant was the color combination of that costume posted here. It was nice and sweet, yes, but the colors of the striking pastel flowers there will look horrible on me! Well, that's what I think for now. I may be eating my words later, hahaha!

Ingat, girl!

Angela

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Balahadia View Post
    Suha Deeb is dancing by the way. Here's a recent photo from a performance in Beirut. Isn't the costume fabulous??? It was custom made by Roni Eid.
    Mark, I love her costume and its color! Simple but elegant and sultry.

Post Thanks / Like

Suha Deeb - very pretty costume, though the bra looks slightly low on her chest to me.

Angela, nicely toned arms can be a real asset!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebedances View Post
    Suha Deeb - very pretty costume, though the bra looks slightly low on her chest to me.

Angela, nicely toned arms can be a real asset!
    I hope so, Phoebe!

I think Suha Deeb's bra is too small for her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya View Post
    The person saying that is from Egypt, maybe over there people don't like to hire dancers in dresses? But why would there be so many belly dance dresses for sale if no one would be hired when wearing them?
    Western dancers buy them and "over there" they wouldn't have folks like me performing.
    I saw Dandesh and Randa wearing dresses on European tours..wether or not they wore them at home but assume there was a fashion for them a few year back.And maybe some dancer sfelt safe from the propriety police in them.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shanazel, maybe you should move that deleted post to another thead (you can probably guess which one...)

Post Thanks / Like

I've deleted unosell from Costumes not once but three or four times. I have sent pm's explaining nicely that advertising is limited to the Market Place. I am beginning to feel a tad bit cranky at being ignored. Time to call in the big dogs, don't you think, Amulya? To route out the purveyor of other "dogs" so to speak.