Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah's article on constructing this modern version of a Salome costume is fascinating reading for folks who make their own costumes. The technical problem of the circular appearance of non-circular cups would've been enough to make me sit down and chew my nails!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    Ooh that is nice.

It looks awesome with the strong eye make-up. Now that's what I call lashes!
    I am probably one of the only people in the world that has seen Tanya without her lashes...bwahahahah. That's my big claim to fame. She and I used to dance at Caesar's Palace...ages ago, which was prior to me having 2 babies and becoming a mom.

Tanya was at the birth of my daughter...and she brought us all matching tierras. Seriously! I have a photo of Tanya, myself, and newborn Sierra (still attached by the cord) all wearing rhinestones. Good lord, I love Tanya!! She is the ultimate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Sarah's article on constructing this modern version of a Salome costume is fascinating reading for folks who make their own costumes. The technical problem of the circular appearance of non-circular cups would've been enough to make me sit down and chew my nails!

Wow...that one is just breathtaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah's costumes are absolutely beautiful & unique, so much work. Obviously a labour of love. That Salome one is is one I haven't seen before it is gorgeous.

I wish she was my best friend - I would beg on bended knee for her to make me something amazing

I personally don't think any Bella's, Sahars etc come close to Sarah's costumes.
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

I love Sarah skinner's costumes too! The time I've spent browsing her website.... Didn't at all care for Sadie's though. Don't know why...
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Ghawazee Coat - Tribal Fusion Bellydance - Coin Bras, Tassel Belts & Fringe Belts - Tribal BellyDance costumes, Gypsy BellyDance Costumes, Ghawazee Coats

I just love the designs on this site especially the coats.
    beautiful costumes. I met a giri at a UK hafla last week who is the proud powner of a second hand one..she has my envy heaped upon her.

Post Thanks / Like

(opens link, says "Wow, Wow, Wow!" closes link.
    thinks: "Maybe I can make one."
    reopens link. thinks: "Wow, they are WORTH $450!")

gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizaj View Post
    Ghawazee Coat - Tribal Fusion Bellydance - Coin Bras, Tassel Belts & Fringe Belts - Tribal BellyDance costumes, Gypsy BellyDance Costumes, Ghawazee Coats

I just love the designs on this site especially the coats.
    beautiful costumes. I met a giri at a UK hafla last week who is the proud powner of a second hand one..she has my envy heaped upon her.
    Yum! They are gorgeous! I love the velvet dresses as well.
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

I don't often see a costume that makes me want to reach for the measuring tape and checkbook, but this is flat out gorgeous! Thanks for posting it!

Last edited by Shanazel; 11-27-2008 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Fumble fingered typing

Post Thanks / Like

I love those gawazee coats! So elegant! Wow.. that olive and peacock blue look gorgeous together as well.

Sarah Skinner's costumes are just perfection as well. I like the Mata Hari one she did. The set had like 14 different pieces to it. Her research into her costumes is quite inspiring. I found the part where she talked about the bra cups for the Salome costume and making them look circular facinating to read. I would love to make a pearl costume like that.