Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1216171819202122
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline_afifi View Post
    I found this costume I really liked but the colour is just horrible!!

I do really like the skirt though.
    I love that colour..soft grey blue BUT I don't think it works well as a costume colour .They rarely look good if they are subtle/soft/gentle even if they flatter/suit the individual

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beautiful new (to me) costume designed and made by Aisha Azar

The photos don't do them justice. The skirt is asymmetric with pointed ends on the sides and front with decorated leggings, which you can't really see.

Hand beaded gorgeous.

Marya

Post Thanks / Like

Default Costume

Dear Gang,
    This was one of my one of my costumes that I designed in the late 90s. Marya came by one day and tried it on and she looked really good in in it!! The fringe is in the longer style because even though by then I had shortened mine considerably, I was in the mood for some long geometric looking fringe. I mixed the beads for the color I wanted and spent a day or two making the fringe. I always forget to take photos of them, so its nice when someone else does!
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marya View Post
    The photos don't do them justice. The skirt is asymmetric with pointed ends on the sides and front with decorated leggings, which you can't really see.

Hand beaded gorgeous.

Marya
    That's a very cool concept with all the geometric theme going on. I like the way the diamond shaped cut outs mirror what is going on in the fabric. What color beads did you use? In the photo it looks a bit golden, but that could be the flash.

And how do you do that much fringe in a couple of days? You must be a beading madwoman, A'isha.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beads

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebedances View Post
    That's a very cool concept with all the geometric theme going on. I like the way the diamond shaped cut outs mirror what is going on in the fabric. What color beads did you use? In the photo it looks a bit golden, but that could be the flash.

And how do you do that much fringe in a couple of days? You must be a beading madwoman, A'isha.

Dear Phoebe,
    Beading it actually took about a week. The beads are sort of clunky and bigger than I usually use, but they did what I wanted them to do. I think, if I remember right, I mixed either gold and white or gold and silver. Marya has the costume so I am not sure now.
    Usually for a fully beaded costume with lots of hand beaded appliques, I can expect to work on it for 6-7 weeks if I really get on it.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha Azar View Post
    Dear Phoebe,
    Beading it actually took about a week. The beads are sort of clunky and bigger than I usually use, but they did what I wanted them to do. I think, if I remember right, I mixed either gold and white or gold and silver. Marya has the costume so I am not sure now.
    Usually for a fully beaded costume with lots of hand beaded appliques, I can expect to work on it for 6-7 weeks if I really get on it.
    Regards,
    A'isha
    The beads are gold and white, the fabric is black stretchy knit with iridescent sparkles.

Marya