Beautiful costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

maylynn

I am plotting the purchase of a new costume (or 2) and am finding this thread very inspiring!!! A bit too inspiring... £££!

maylynn

Hey you must share what you are looking at!!

Ha!
Ok. I like this one from Topkapi which is all coins - I am a fan of coins, but I have one almost exactly the same in silver (as you can see from my photo)!
Inessa Bellydance. Topkapi - New Collection

But they have other with *some* coins that I like, such as Inessa Bellydance. Topkapi - New Collection

I also dig the Glitzy Gypsy costumes, but might go for a Topkapi costume or something similiar...I'm definitely fond of the old-school type bedlehs and think the Bella-type costumes, dresses, and anything where velvet is involved don't really suit me. Need to do more looking around - but I'm thinking something in orange, green, or possibly yellow! Ooh, or maybe purple...

Reen.Blom

Ha!
Ok. I like this one from Topkapi which is all coins - I am a fan of coins, but I have one almost exactly the same in silver (as you can see from my photo)!
Inessa Bellydance. Topkapi - New Collection

But they have other with *some* coins that I like, such as Inessa Bellydance. Topkapi - New Collection

I also dig the Glitzy Gypsy costumes, but might go for a Topkapi costume or something similiar...I'm definitely fond of the old-school type bedlehs and think the Bella-type costumes, dresses, and anything where velvet is involved don't really suit me. Need to do more looking around - but I'm thinking something in orange, green, or possibly yellow! Ooh, or maybe purple...

Hey they both look stunnig! Pity they dont provide bigger pix to see details!

Mosaic Im in for such top too, looks cool!

gisela

Super Moderator
I like this one. The lovely Orit. Maybe it's been up before. Can't remember. Would love to try and make something brown/nude with gold coins

nightdancer

Opinons needed

Hi all,

I am looking at three, and wanted to get The Collective's approval ;)

This first one, I dont love, but it would complete another costume that I have, nicely.

Site Builder

This, I love, and there are not many dancers in my area that wear green like this.

Site Builder

This third one, frankly, up close, is a little much. But on a stage, I think it could be spectacular. I'm a little afraid to show this, I might get kicked to the UBDC cell.

Site Builder

I'd love some input please, this is the first time I have bought a costume of this calibre.

Thank you

Robynne

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Nightdancer, I actually love the necklemanns peacock one, and I think you could put a number of different coloured skirts/veils with it. The green is pretty, but unless you loved green a lot you may get bored with it quickly. The silver/blue is simple and elegant, but my overall choice would be the 3rd one.

I am not sure if you know, but have seen posts on bhuz about the beads being plastic on some of necklemanns sets and that the colour can rub off. Still for the amount of work in them I think they are very reasonable in price.
~Mosaic

nightdancer

Mosaic,

In retrospect, when I saw the peacock one up close, I'd wondered if the beads were plastic. Thank you so much for your input, I appreciate it.

Maram

I need this SOOO BADLY

What is your coloring

Hi all,

This first one, I dont love, but it would complete another costume that I have, nicely.

Site Builder

This, I love, and there are not many dancers in my area that wear green like this.

Site Builder

This third one, frankly, up close, is a little much. But on a stage, I think it could be spectacular. I'm a little afraid to show this, I might get kicked to the UBDC cell.

Site Builder

I'd love some input please, this is the first time I have bought a costume of this calibre.

Thank you

Robynne

Hi Robynne,
If you have fair Anglo/Celtic coloring the third might be a bit much.
If you're a redhead, go for the green. You may get tired of it but your audiences never will!
That said, the bottom line is how these colors make you feel. UBDC is great for chuckles, but many an "ugly" in a thumbnail looks spectacular when paired with the right music and dance.:)

Maram

Hi all,

Site Builder

Site Builder

Site Builder

Thank you

Robynne
Oh wow... Those are gorgeous.

I think it depends on your skin color AND your level of confidence.

If you have pale skin then I suggest avoiding the last one since it may wash you out. The first one would be perfect if you're blonde and I think the second would be perfect if you're a redhead/brunette.

If you have a bit of a tan then I think the second and third would look awesome.

But ultimately it depends on your confidence. If you think you can pull off extremely bold colors, regardless of your skin tone then go for it.

Mark_Balahadia

Several years ago Halle Berry wore this gown at the Academy awards.
I love the colors and I would love to have a BD dress like this with a mermaid or fluted bottom to the skirt. Maybe in a color that's a little more 'copper-colored' would be my choice.

I can dream............

Ironically enough this outfit was made by Elie Saab, a Lebanese fashion designer!

lizaj

Cross post from raks B
http://www.orientalmooncairo.com/assets/gallery/malika/omam0014.jpg

This is the one that found its' way to my BD wardrobe. It's actually lace and has rows of detail across the hips and around the hem you can't make out

OK it's mine but even the husband said he liked it on me.That's a dance mate Mel wearing it and I, being an old bird intend to add the body and drapey sleeves that go with the troupe costume OM have desgned for us all
The shape and cut and fabric is lovely and the designers are coming to Raks B and selling at a special price.

And there was so much more gorgeousness in the 3 suitcases of their costumes I had the pleasure of trying not to drool over. Many are funky and younger designs that I have pass on to others younger and more daring. All just so different and innovative. Some belong to his "Randa collection" - designed of course for the dancer herself and they are gorgeous?
(Anyone see her in the Midlands by the way?)

Reen.Blom

Cross post from raks B
http://www.orientalmooncairo.com/assets/gallery/malika/omam0014.jpg

This is the one that found its' way to my BD wardrobe. It's actually lace and has rows of detail across the hips and around the hem you can't make out

OK it's mine but even the husband said he liked it on me.That's a dance mate Mel wearing it and I, being an old bird intend to add the body and drapey sleeves that go with the troupe costume OM have desgned for us all
The shape and cut and fabric is lovely and the designers are coming to Raks B and selling at a special price.

And there was so much more gorgeousness in the 3 suitcases of their costumes I had the pleasure of trying not to drool over. Many are funky and younger designs that I have pass on to others younger and more daring. All just so different and innovative. Some belong to his "Randa collection" - designed of course for the dancer herself and they are gorgeous?
(Anyone see her in the Midlands by the way?)

Ooooh I love lace! It looks so classy!!!!! :clap::clap::clap: Congratulations!

jenc

Wow that is lovely. I'm not a pink person either. And I'd probably prefer a bit more cover for my arms but wow again!

Status
Not open for further replies.