Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mosaic,

In retrospect, when I saw the peacock one up close, I'd wondered if the beads were plastic. Thank you so much for your input, I appreciate it.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I have one up for sale right now on ebay that I really like (just too big for me now)...

GORGEOUS Red and Gold Professional Bellydance Costume - eBay (item 130227410378 end time Jun-04-08 11:38:31 PDT)

And I started an Awesome Costumes thread a while back but it seems to have disappeared! I thought we needed something different from the UBDC thread (although I find that very amusing).

Post Thanks / Like

I need this SOOO BADLY

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your coloring

Quote Originally Posted by nightdancer View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking at three, and wanted to get The Collective's approval

This first one, I dont love, but it would complete another costume that I have, nicely.

Site Builder

This, I love, and there are not many dancers in my area that wear green like this.

Site Builder

This third one, frankly, up close, is a little much. But on a stage, I think it could be spectacular. I'm a little afraid to show this, I might get kicked to the UBDC cell.

Site Builder

I'd love some input please, this is the first time I have bought a costume of this calibre.

Thank you

Robynne
    Hi Robynne,
    If you have fair Anglo/Celtic coloring the third might be a bit much.
    If you're a redhead, go for the green. You may get tired of it but your audiences never will!
    That said, the bottom line is how these colors make you feel. UBDC is great for chuckles, but many an "ugly" in a thumbnail looks spectacular when paired with the right music and dance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nightdancer View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking at three, and wanted to get The Collective's approval

This first one, I dont love, but it would complete another costume that I have, nicely.

Site Builder

This, I love, and there are not many dancers in my area that wear green like this.

Site Builder

This third one, frankly, up close, is a little much. But on a stage, I think it could be spectacular. I'm a little afraid to show this, I might get kicked to the UBDC cell.

Site Builder

I'd love some input please, this is the first time I have bought a costume of this calibre.

Thank you

Robynne
    Oh wow... Those are gorgeous.

I think it depends on your skin color AND your level of confidence.

If you have pale skin then I suggest avoiding the last one since it may wash you out. The first one would be perfect if you're blonde and I think the second would be perfect if you're a redhead/brunette.

If you have a bit of a tan then I think the second and third would look awesome.

But ultimately it depends on your confidence. If you think you can pull off extremely bold colors, regardless of your skin tone then go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Tip View Post
    Several years ago Halle Berry wore this gown at the Academy awards.
    I love the colors and I would love to have a BD dress like this with a mermaid or fluted bottom to the skirt. Maybe in a color that's a little more 'copper-colored' would be my choice.

I can dream............

Ironically enough this outfit was made by Elie Saab, a Lebanese fashion designer!

Post Thanks / Like

Cross post from raks B
    http://www.orientalmooncairo.com/ass...a/omam0014.jpg

This is the one that found its' way to my BD wardrobe. It's actually lace and has rows of detail across the hips and around the hem you can't make out

OK it's mine but even the husband said he liked it on me.That's a dance mate Mel wearing it and I, being an old bird intend to add the body and drapey sleeves that go with the troupe costume OM have desgned for us all
    The shape and cut and fabric is lovely and the designers are coming to Raks B and selling at a special price.

And there was so much more gorgeousness in the 3 suitcases of their costumes I had the pleasure of trying not to drool over. Many are funky and younger designs that I have pass on to others younger and more daring. All just so different and innovative. Some belong to his "Randa collection" - designed of course for the dancer herself and they are gorgeous?
    (Anyone see her in the Midlands by the way?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizaj View Post
    Cross post from raks B
    http://www.orientalmooncairo.com/ass...a/omam0014.jpg

This is the one that found its' way to my BD wardrobe. It's actually lace and has rows of detail across the hips and around the hem you can't make out

OK it's mine but even the husband said he liked it on me.That's a dance mate Mel wearing it and I, being an old bird intend to add the body and drapey sleeves that go with the troupe costume OM have desgned for us all
    The shape and cut and fabric is lovely and the designers are coming to Raks B and selling at a special price.

And there was so much more gorgeousness in the 3 suitcases of their costumes I had the pleasure of trying not to drool over. Many are funky and younger designs that I have pass on to others younger and more daring. All just so different and innovative. Some belong to his "Randa collection" - designed of course for the dancer herself and they are gorgeous?
    (Anyone see her in the Midlands by the way?)

Ooooh I love lace! It looks so classy!!!!! Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love the style of this dress.

I would prefer it in a rich emerald or darker green, maybe a dark copper color..... something more earthtone.

SharifWEAR.com - PinkDress

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is lovely. I'm not a pink person either. And I'd probably prefer a bit more cover for my arms but wow again!