Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    Nightdancer, I actually love the necklemanns peacock one, and I think you could put a number of different coloured skirts/veils with it. The green is pretty, but unless you loved green a lot you may get bored with it quickly. The silver/blue is simple and elegant, but my overall choice would be the 3rd one.

I am not sure if you know, but have seen posts on bhuz about the beads being plastic on some of necklemanns sets and that the colour can rub off. Still for the amount of work in them I think they are very reasonable in price.
    ~Mosaic
    I wonder if you could spray the plastic beads with some sort of laquer and keep that from happening to them? Might be something to buy a couple of lengths of plastic beads and try first -- and of course you'd have to cover the parts of the costume you don't want sprayed carefully.

Just an idea - but I like the look of those beads on the peacock costume - it would be sad if the color all faded away.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

I really like this costume ( would prefer a different colour though), she skirt coems off and is used a s a veil!
    Last edited by Reen.Blom; 07-06-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like green costumes.

Be careful spraying laquer and other similar chemicals on plastic- it might dissolve the beads instead of preservng them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    I like green costumes.

Be careful spraying laquer and other similar chemicals on plastic- it might dissolve the beads instead of preservng them.
    Definitely a test would be in order before doing. I remember coating some jewelry that would tarnish in clear fingernail polish before. I wonder if that would just take the color off quick or keep it on? Anyway, if I were considering making a costume and thinking about plastic beads, I might test it out, just to see.

I have a gold coin bra that my once upon a time teacher got for me in eqypt, I wish I had coated the coins in fingernail polish, cause the color of them wore off. I need to redo it now and put something else on it, I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    I really like this costume ( would prefer a different colour though), she skirt coems off and is used a s a veil!
    Reen, I like this costume as well, I wonder how it would look in red. I wonder if it would be too much red all at once. I love really true rich royal purple and also orange. Maybe I would chose a purple for the costume.
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

That's Nagwa Fouad! Circa '70's era. Very unique and beautiful costume
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine Bint Al Nubia View Post
    That's Nagwa Fouad! Circa '70's era. Very unique and beautiful costume
    Yasmine
    Yep I took the screenshots from a video, it flows beautifully when she dances!

Mosaic, I thinl I would LOOOVE it in red, maybe DARK red, more like wine red....

*dreaming*

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a link to the video, Reenie?

Post Thanks / Like

It's cool Anna but i tend to stay away from costumes that can come off because in certain moronic crowds it reinforces the idea that bellydance is linked to or similar to strip tease and such.

With the right crowd it's kinda funky though! =)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    It's cool Anna but i tend to stay away from costumes that can come off because in certain moronic crowds it reinforces the idea that bellydance is linked to or similar to strip tease and such.

With the right crowd it's kinda funky though! =)
    It did not look cheesy at all! Cos she was playing with the skirt through the whole dance, I think it looked cool!