Beautiful costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

maylynn

Yes Phoebe and Amulya, those 2 really stand out! Exquisite design and beadwork. :clap: Just beautiful! Is the beading done one bead at a time? Must be soooo tedious!

I don't think I'll look good wearing the lavender one.

My arms are kinda muscled and don't look too feminine especially when I do the snake arms. I look like a Filipina tranny, eeeeeeeek! So I'd like to put something nice around my arms to make it look more feminine.

Angela the last half of that post made me laugh! I seriously doubt that you could look like a Filipina tranny, lovely lady!

Also I never would have chosen lavender for a costume, but when I was costume shopping ages ago the shop owner recommended silver and lavender for me. I initially told him that it would look terrible on me with my colouring, but then he convinced me to try it on anyway - and to my surprise I CAN wear lavender! So you never know...

Amulya

I just so want one like this but did I read somewhere that no one wants to see a dancer all covered up...well I'll go for any flattering dress..believe me !

The person saying that is from Egypt, maybe over there people don't like to hire dancers in dresses? But why would there be so many belly dance dresses for sale if no one would be hired when wearing them?

Mark_Balahadia

Suha Deeb

Suha Deeb is dancing by the way. Here's a recent photo from a performance in Beirut. Isn't the costume fabulous??? It was custom made by Roni Eid.

AngelaJP

Angela the last half of that post made me laugh! I seriously doubt that you could look like a Filipina tranny, lovely lady!...

Hahaha! Thank you Maylynn! :D

Also I never would have chosen lavender for a costume, but when I was costume shopping ages ago the shop owner recommended silver and lavender for me. I initially told him that it would look terrible on me with my colouring, but then he convinced me to try it on anyway - and to my surprise I CAN wear lavender! So you never know

Hey, I saw your lavender and silver costume. You looked stunning in it and it's beautiful! Yours isnt with floral pastel designs though. What I meant was the color combination of that costume posted here. It was nice and sweet, yes, but the colors of the striking pastel flowers there will look horrible on me! :confused: Well, that's what I think for now. I may be eating my words later, hahaha!

Ingat, girl! ;)

Angela

Phoebedances

Suha Deeb - very pretty costume, though the bra looks slightly low on her chest to me.

Angela, nicely toned arms can be a real asset!

lizaj

The person saying that is from Egypt, maybe over there people don't like to hire dancers in dresses? But why would there be so many belly dance dresses for sale if no one would be hired when wearing them?

Western dancers buy them and "over there" they wouldn't have folks like me performing.
I saw Dandesh and Randa wearing dresses on European tours..wether or not they wore them at home but assume there was a fashion for them a few year back.And maybe some dancer sfelt safe from the propriety police in them.

Amulya

Hey Shanazel, maybe you should move that deleted post to another thead :lol: (you can probably guess which one...)

Shanazel

I've deleted unosell from Costumes not once but three or four times. I have sent pm's explaining nicely that advertising is limited to the Market Place. I am beginning to feel a tad bit cranky at being ignored. Time to call in the big dogs, don't you think, Amulya? To route out the purveyor of other "dogs" so to speak.

Amulya

I've deleted unosell from Costumes not once but three or four times. I have sent pm's explaining nicely that advertising is limited to the Market Place. I am beginning to feel a tad bit cranky at being ignored. Time to call in the big dogs, don't you think, Amulya? To route out the purveyor of other "dogs" so to speak.

Quite annoying, has he/she/it posted lately? Or has gone now?

Amulya

Pity, I was just starting to appreciate the creativity of the sellers' costumes *evil laughter*

OK, time for beautiful costumes again:

I like this color:

tribaret:

PracticalDancer

future inspiration

A love the new designs that are coming out with draped or shirred chiffon. While I have no idea who this dancer is, I am keeping this photo to help me through a design I have in mind. I am not that fond of pink, or florals; but, the play on fabric contrasts is interesting. And I have this beautiful red and gold sari inspired damask that could work for the skirt, and some red chiffon for the bra, and a red chiffon veil with a similar border . . .:think:

Shanazel

Amulya, I love that shade of teal, and I love the triberet costume all together.

Anala, you will post pictures when you're done, won't you?

Phoebedances

I love both that teal and triberet costume completely! I really need to do a bra/belt in velvet soon.

Anala, I love that costume so much. I has a very soft, vintage feel to it and is very elegant and i like how they paired the lacey looking darker pink fabric with it. You must start yours immediately and post lots of pictures so we all can drool over it!

Shanazel

Well, I guess 2 years of staring at the fabric is long enough . . . I should probably get started, eh?

:)

I'd hate to tell you how long I have had some of my fabric. Two years is barely enough time to get to know it well. I have a piece of silk someone brought me from Singapore in 1984, some metallic brocade sent to me from Bagdad about 1987 and a piece of gold and silver shot cotton that I bought about 1978. I think my oldest yardage is a piece of blue tweed my mom bought in the 1950s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.