Beautiful costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachy

are these are hand sewing beads and such? How are they so expensive?! They better do the dance for me, for that price!

Aaeesha

I think $650 for that dress is pretty fair and in line with the other vendors of high end costuming like Dahal. That is a gorgeous dress. Costumes are imported and the higher quality costumes are hand beaded. A *lot* of work goes into the construction. $650 IMO is a really good price for the dress. Most of the time, when you take very good care of your costumes, their resell value is close to what you pay for it minus wear and tear. Professional costumes hold their value really well.

Aniseteph

I just found Salome's Shemadan clip (while browsing on youtube, but on this site in much better quality) - gorgeous costume! I'm not usually a fan of petal skirts but this is absolutely stunning.:) :) :) :)

(I like it so much I used up my smiley allowance)

Salome

Administrator
I just found Salome's Shemadan clip (while browsing on youtube, but on this site in much better quality) - gorgeous costume! I'm not usually a fan of petal skirts but this is absolutely stunning.:) :) :) :)

(I like it so much I used up my smiley allowance)

Thanks. I don't have that costume anymore but I really enjoyed it :)

adiemus

I love the design of the top on this one attached...and the skirt on the green one (without all the designs on the skirt, just the waistband and drape), but I don't like the colour on it - but that's why I sew!!

I'm definitely an admirer of Sarah Skinner's costumes, she's inspired me to do hand beading on my costumes! A nice way to spend time in front of the telly....

sorry about the size of these pix, I am a novice at doing html and attachments....! anyone able to help with resizing or is this something you have to do in a photo editing software??

Last edited:

Q-Tip

I love the design of the top on this one attached...and the skirt on the green one (without all the designs on the skirt, just the waistband and drape), but I don't like the colour on it - but that's why I sew!!

I'm definitely an admirer of Sarah Skinner's costumes, she's inspired me to do hand beading on my costumes! A nice way to spend time in front of the telly....

sorry about the size of these pix, I am a novice at doing html and attachments....! anyone able to help with resizing or is this something you have to do in a photo editing software??
I love the 1st one - I look great in earthtones. :D

Q-Tip

Several years ago Halle Berry wore this gown at the Academy awards.
I love the colors and I would love to have a BD dress like this with a mermaid or fluted bottom to the skirt. Maybe in a color that's a little more 'copper-colored' would be my choice.

I can dream............

Ligeia

:) I love Halle Berrys oscar-costume as well! I have drawn many belly dance costume sketches based on that dress but so far I have not actually sewn any... Well, mayde some day...

Glitters

Wowwwwwww!!!!!!!!! That is really a stunning outfit.. I guess im late to see it But i would like to compliment on it .. really gorgeous :)

-Glitters

Mariles

I love this one. I think it is so beautiful! http://static.flickr.com/65/212090347_1218a660e9_o.jpg
You can see it better here: YouTube - Bellydance superstars 9 - Amar Gamal

Actually, i also love this: I'm sorry to put videos, can´t find them as pictures. YouTube - DIDEM THE ORIENTAL DANCER

YouTube - Bellydance by Nathalie

I also love Alla Kushnir's costume, the one with butterflies. Basicly, those are my favourites.

I found another beautiful costume: Duet :: View image :: Nour-Orientaldance.com
Thinking :: View image :: Nour-Orientaldance.com
Lines :: View image :: Nour-Orientaldance.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.