The Mad Gypsy has arrived :)

MadGypsy

Hello all!

I have always been enthralled by belly dancers but only recently have I discovered how much I truly love the whole belly dance culture and persona. I have been dancing in the privacy of my own home for years now and I am finally taking my dance into the real world. I've been afraid to do this in the past because I am a bigger girl and have dealt with ridicule from just about everywhere. I've let myself be convinced that I'd never be a dancer with my body. But after drooling over gorgeous plus size dancers, their amazing costumes and seemingly unending confidence, I have made the choice to own my body and feel that confidence and sensuality. So I am joining my first actual class in January and totally immersing myself in the culture in the meantime. I'm sure you will be seeing a lot more of me :)

I'm a multi-media artist and if you have a brief free moment, please check out my art at Mad Gypsy Studio and my etsy shop at Mad Gypsy Dolls and Art by MadGypsy on Etsy

Much love and shimmies,
The Mad Gypsy

Maria_Aya

Welcome MadGypsy !!!

Oriental Dance is for all figures !
Enjoy it, its great that you are gonna start the proper way (with class) and explore the various styles of the dance. Eventually you will find the one that speak to your heart !

This is me dancing at Cairo, just to prove that yes we bigger girls can make it ;)
And also that i'm crazy lol, as have a crazy finale ! dedicated to my teacher Mayodi ofcourse!

YouTube - Maria Aya, Cairo NileGroup

Maria Aya, Greece

Sita

I had a peak at your webpage and my compliments, I really loved your work especially the Luna Smile and Satyr. :clap: You are very talented! :clap:
Look forward to reading your posts :) I'm also glad that you feel ready to take your love of dance to the next level I believe you will feel the rewards and I hope this dance brings much joy into your life! :dance:

love, Sita

Prusilusken

Hi MadGypsy!

- from another new BDF arrival, who thinks your dolls are pretty kewl. :D
Congratulations on deciding that you should be allowed to "get out there" and dance TOO. I am positive that you'll not regret it!
For some reason there'll always be people who need to tell everyone else why they shouldn't be doing what they do for one reason or another. Luckily, most of those peoples' competence to pass that kind of judgement on anyone else seem to be at least AS small as their bewildered personal sense of right to do it is disproportionatly big...at the LEAST. IMNSHO. ;)

Fortunately for us, the world is also filled with sensitive and sensible people who are willing and able to appreciate and treasure a great performance for what it is. I am sure you'll come to find that fellow dancers are usually an awesome and very supportive audience, especially at haflas.
At least, that is my own experience.

Good luck out there - I hope you've found yourself a great teacher too! :)

Edit: Maria Aya - YES! Way to go! :clap: Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
To the forum You are amongst very addicted friends here :lol: I am sure you will love your classes, do let us know about them after you start.
~Mosaic