NS, going to Maastricht

Angelofdance

Hi Ladies!

I'm Angelofdance, I used to be a member of this site, but I don't know what happened : ) It has been a while, and there seems to be a few changes so I thought I would say hello again!

I'm a dancer in NS Canada. I've trained with Bernadette, workshop with Hadia, classes with Shadia, and been taught by Kim from www.dancearabia.ca. I've been dancing for 6ish years (university takes a toll on getting to classes). Starting in September I will be spending 10 months in Maastricht. I'd LOVE to meet other dancers while I am there!

I really love the Egyptian style of this beautiful dance, though I have caught myself eyeing tribal/fusion every once and a while. I love dancing with great passion, and I want my audience to "ffffeeeeellll" the music as I dance.

Take care!
Iris/AoD

Salome

Administrator
Hi Iris,

welcome back, glad you joined us again. There have indeed been a few 'small' changes around here, LOL. See you on the forums.

Angelofdance

Hello everyone : )

No, not packed yet*s* I have to finish my French class at University, then get all of the finances/paperwork finished before I even think about heading out! I've been so busy that it doesn't relaly seem real yet! But I am super excited, and I really hope to find a good dance instructor there.... or perform.... or travel alot....and have a great time.... or get a part time job. WHo knows! Eh hee!

Iris/aod

miss_shimmy

welcome back

welcome back !!I dont think I got the pleasure of meeting you before,but I am glad I have now.

:)

Amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

Yshka

Hi Iris,

welcome back. I am living in the Netherlands but nowhere near Maastricht unfortunately, but Maastricht is a pretty cool city. Are you going to study there at the university?

happy moving (and dancing),
Iris:D

Angelofdance

Hello Alaya, miss_shimmy, Mariyam, belly taz, and Yshka!

I will be studying at UM : ) For a whole year, yikes! I hopefully will find a good teacher and may be do some performances on my own. How far are you from Maastricht? Why I fly into the Netherlands I may stay a day in Ansterdame before taking the train. Are you close to Amsterdame Yshka?

It is nice to meet everyone! Yay!

Iris/aod

Moon

Hi Angelofdance,

I live in the Netherlands, in Wageningen I study there. Wageningen is also quite far away from Maastricht (however "far" in the Netherlands is not extremely far, as it's a small country ;) )
However I can travel for free during weekends. If you get an "ov-card", you can do it too.
I've been in Maastricht once, it's a beautiful city. I hope you'll have a great time :D

Mariyam

Hello Angelofdance,

I'm about 30 minutes by train from Amsterdam :) When you're in the country, we could perhaps arrange a meeting in a central location (like Utrecht) so all the others could join as well.

What do you think, all? :p

Angelofdance

Oh sounds like fun!

I hear it is easy to travel in the Netherlands/Europe in general. Which is HILARIOUS because I live in Canada, and everything is so far away!

But I'd be really interested in meeting up with everyone while I'm there. UNlike here, I wont have alot of responsibilities (well, sschhoooll) so I could take the train on a weekend to go meet up with everyone! Yay! I'd love to hear people's advise about the Netherlands, places to dance, things to do, things to keep your eyes open to.

Iris/aod

Yshka

Hi Iris,

I'm about an hour away from Amsterdam (by train) and I think I'm about the same distance away from Maastricht lol. I study at Tilburg University by the way.

Good idea indeed Mariyam!

Iris

Last edited: