Yoohoo from London!!

Mia Serra

Hi there everyone,
What a nice cosy community this seems to be. It can bit sharp out there in the real Belly Dance world - or maybe it's just London. Well I've been running my own belly dance school here for a while which has been a lot of fun and an incredible journey. I learnt to dance via a Sufi Teacher first and that was such a trusting way in to the dance. I've been on a learning curve ever since...

Greetings and warm wishes.
Mia xx:D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi Mia & Learning through Sufi Dancing, how unique and interesting. I like the way you describe it as "a trusting way" to learn to dance.

It has always fascinated me how the Sufi's can spin so fast and for such long periods without spinning out. They appear to me to have their eyes closed at least some of the time, so they can't be 'spotting'. Can you spin like that as well?
~Mosaic

Caroline_afifi

Hi Mia,

Community politics and dynamics are everywhere and in everything and forums are no exception! :D

Enjoy your time here and I am sure you will find your experience an interesting, occasionaly rocky but reawrding experience. :dance:

Prusilusken

Hi Mia; welcome aboard!
Like Mosaic, I like the way you phrased the beginning of your journey into bellydancing. Actually, like it very much. Very poetic.

Sita

Hello and

What a wonderful way to enter into the dance world, I'm glad the exquisite beauty of Sufism was able to touch your life in such a way. Was it a specific order of Sufism? (just curious :)).
I look forward to reading your posts,
love Sita