Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I received my sword this week and just got out to the dance studio today to try it out. WOW. It is awesome! It's beautifully balanced. Very impressive - a real showpiece! - definitely worth the price at $139. This is NOT a cheap, dinky little sword. This is a real scimitar with real weight to it at just over 3 lbs. It's a sword worthy of every dancer, and IMHO every dancer should have one!

Also would like to mention that the customer service that I received here was fabulous. I received very prompt responses to my questions (and I had many!), and very prompt (reasonably priced) shipping with tracking number for the package. I highly recommend both the sword and the company! I will post some photos here soon, as well (hopefully this weekend!)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll add my two cents.

First of all, when I ordered this, I asked about the CAS Iberia. Majidah was quick to point out that this was NOT a CAS Iberia, but a successor to that model, the Hanwei. I appreciate the honesty and the speed at which my questions were answered! **

I have to admit I was leery of ordering a sword online. Too much can go wrong. They can be improperly balanced, they can be bent, they can be made of cheap materials. But I held my breath and hit the "pay" button.

Their customer service made me relax right away. I received email confirmations all along the way, including a tracking number about 24 hours after my payment went through. I felt that shipping charges were completely reasonable and actually less than I expected. I've seen some companies charge half as much as the sword costs just to ship it!

The sword was well packed, and arrived in perfect condition. It had been pre-oiled and well padded. I wiped off the oil and held it out, THRILLED to see that it was as straight as could be, no dips or bends. It seemed to balance well on my wrist, so I stuck it on my head and it balanced perfectly. I did a trial spin, and was very happy to feel it planted quite well in my scalp -- no slipping, spinning, or wobbling.

The balance point is more centrally-located than in some cabaret swords. You can tell from the video on the site what it looks like balanced on your head. I think this look is actually a little more sophisticated than where the CAS would balance, but that's my personal prejudice.

NOTE: this thing is SHARP and HEAVY! Although it's listed as having a dull edge, it's still pretty darn sharp. And the point is ... well, pointed. lol. Also, 3 pounds may not sound like a lot, but your typical cabaret sword is about 1 pound. Now I LOVE the weight because it makes balancing the thing a lot easier, but it is something you have to get used to.

So I can honestly and fully recommend SwordWares.com as a good and honest vendor, not overcharging on shipping, and with excellent customer service. If you want a big mean Tribal-style scimitar, especially if you're like me and still mad about not being able to get a CAS, I think you should seriously consider the Hanwei from SwordWares.com

** For those of you who don't know the history, the CAS was a huge giant scimitar that started to get popular with the Tribal crowd a few years ago. Actually, maybe almost 10 years ago? Anyway, when people saw the CAS, everybody wanted one. As I understand it, the company that originally made the CAS couldn't keep up with demand so they hired another company to make them. Big mistake. The CAS Mark ii was a much lighter weight sword, and wasn't made nearly as well. People complained about it and wouldn't buy them. Another company moved in and made a similar LOOKING sword, called the Hanwei. It's slightly smaller and lighter, but it retains the same fierce look as the CAS, and is better made.
    Last edited by Aziyade; 01-24-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Ditto on everything Aziyade said, too! Obviously much more experienced at writing detailed reviews than I am! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    Gave a third discount voucher away tonight. From here, the discount will be cut in half, but it's still a great deal, trust me on that!

PM me to claim your bellydanceforum.net discount voucher for our Belly Dance Sword.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forgive my little girl enthusiasm!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forgive my little girl enthusiasm!
    Farasha, you've already explained that in another post (*).
    Last edited by Daimona; 01-25-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Heyy... you split the thread so my link won't work...
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Farasha is now ONE OF US ....

everybody chant ... one of us .... one of us ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    Hey everyone,

I just wanted to point out that I have a belly dance sword for sale if anyone is look for one. We have several of these in stock.

I'm willing to give a discount to anyone from this forum in exchange for feedback on the product.

Simply PM me.
    That is a gorgeous sword!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Aziyade View Post
    Farasha is now ONE OF US ....

everybody chant ... one of us .... one of us ....

"one of us...one of us..." *woot*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    Farasha, you've already explained that in another post.
    Oops, I did? oO;;

Rats, I hate being so forgetful.

To Aziyade and ErikaOH: YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I FINALLY GOT MY SWORD TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been such a bad, horrific day at work and on the forum elsewhere ( ) today, but I'm not letting all that ruin my sheer JOY of getting my Cas Hanwei today!

Review, pics, and maybe even video to come!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast