Rates

Kharis

And on a more serious note Mr Tax will find you , especially if you are mistress web, mistress PR and the rest, one dancer here in the Northwest discovered this for herself a few years back.

Some of the larger corporate events now offer the fee with tax paid by the client. At least this is what I've found. Recent gig did just that. I got taxed in the normal way as though they were my employer.

And aforementioned dancer got dobbed in to the tax man by someone who saw her dance in the restaurant she was working in....probably a case of sour grapes rather than old fashioned doing it for the good of the Inland Revenue. I seem to recall she eventually found out who it was, because whoever did it made the mistake of confiding in someone else and unfortunately, the BD community in the region is rather small. But just goes to show how dancers do need to keep up with the tax man. If you're not self employed, then don't forget, you still need to declare what you earn... including workshops and classes....just coz you hold down a job that's already paying tax, doesn't mean you can get away with it.

Caroline_afifi

Miss Bhatti is advertised on the Glam Slam Entertainments website alongside bunny girls, racy burlesque dancers and other dance troupes.
Read more: Tory candidate Norsheen Bhatti is £260-an-hour belly dancer | Mail Online

say no more.. :lol:

I have honestly lost count of the times I have seen people complain about this on forums over the years.. all lumped together and that sort of thing.

Now it's all lumped together under one little saucy and convenient heading of BELLY DANCE way hay..:dance:

I wonder how much bunny girls charge? :think:

Aniseteph

Sorry but part time belly dancer is just not cutting it as background Tory sleaze. FAIL! :rolleyes: ;)

I'm too much of a wuss to try to dodge the taxman if I was dancing for pay. Whenever I hear rates quoted I think of the taxman's cut, the expenses getting there, time and effort preparing, wear and tear on costumes... sometimes you wonder if people end up with the price of a takeaway at the end of it. :(

Love the concept of tax relief on sequins. I mean, absolutely fair do's if it's a necessity for doing the job, but it's kind of funny to think of the grey suits contributing. This arm-thingy was sponsored by the Inland Revenue...

lizaj

£260 and hour would work out at £86 approx for 20 minutes. Is that an OK rate? £260 sounds an awful lot but I would imagine there are dancers here in the Uk who will get around £100 for 20 minutes dancing.

Kharis

£260 and hour would work out at £86 approx for 20 minutes. Is that an OK rate? £260 sounds an awful lot but I would imagine there are dancers here in the Uk who will get around £100 for 20 minutes dancing.

What most people who hire a dancer fail to remember is that it's not just the 20 mins the dancer dances that is taken into consideration when setting the fee. It's often her whole night...including travel time and expenses. And compared to say, a DJ or other entertainers, it's fairly reasonable. Hiring a look-a-likey for the night can run into thousands and all they do is stand there or mingle with the crowd. Taking into consideration also the physical energy and skill most dancers bring to their performances, years of training and the thousands spent on building a suitable wardrobe and music collection. I'd say 86 quid is well worth it... in fact, too damned cheap.

Last edited:

Tracey

Exactly

my thoughts to , sounds likey but aint'y.....

just one bit though guys can we lose or just make clear that the term belly bunny does not apply to perhaps those of us or ours who are 30 and under,,, by this I mean we all grow old the end , but there are some lovely young gorgeous dancers out there who look and dance amazing , indeed one my assume from the first picture in the article that our Miss Tory mp could indeed be one , less than average coverage costume , acute cheese pose etc etc
right Im off to make sure all my lovely girls have a good night in gigland tonight

lizaj

What most people who hire a dancer fail to remember is that it's not just the 20 mins the dancer dances that is taken into consideration when setting the fee. It's often her whole night...including travel time and expenses.

Exactly preparation, training, costuming etc
the dancer's fee reflects all that not just the time factor she dances ..that's why she should NOT be clearing tables:rolleyes:

lizaj

my thoughts to , sounds likey but aint'y.....

just one bit though guys can we lose or just make clear that the term belly bunny does not apply to perhaps those of us or ours who are 30 and under,,, by this I mean we all grow old the end , but there are some lovely young gorgeous dancers out there who look and dance amazing , indeed one my assume from the first picture in the article that our Miss Tory mp could indeed be one , less than average coverage costume , acute cheese pose etc etc
right Im off to make sure all my lovely girls have a good night in gigland tonight

New Years Eve= triple time rates :D

lizaj

Here she is wearing Tory blue.
I see she defected from the LIb-Dems.

Kharis

New Years Eve= triple time rates :D

Aren't you the wag! :lol::lol::lol:

Leave orrfffff! Triple rates? Not for your average RD. But hopefully with hardened old nuts like me demanding a fair whack this may change. I pass a lot of work on to other dancers...but guess what? I make sure I set the fee beforehand. I just get a kick out of doing it. I think it's coz I don't give a monkey's anymore and they can take it or leave it.

Kharis

Exactly preparation, training, costuming etc
the dancer's fee reflects all that not just the time factor she dances ..that's why she should NOT be clearing tables:rolleyes:

Who the hell clears tables? Clears TABLES? TABLES!!!!

I'm am advocate of doing the job, then clearing myself off, never mind half eaten kebab. Good Lord, I'll put that practice down along with all the other faux pas a dancer needs to avoid when aiming at the professional end of the market.

lizaj

Aren't you the wag! :lol::lol::lol:

Leave orrfffff! Triple rates? Not for your average RD. But hopefully with hardened old nuts like me demanding a fair whack this may change. I pass a lot of work on to other dancers...but guess what? I make sure I set the fee beforehand. I just get a kick out of doing it. I think it's coz I don't give a monkey's anymore and they can take it or leave it.

That's the going rate for other workers on NYE so push girls push.....

lizaj

Who the hell clears tables? Clears TABLES? TABLES!!!!

I'm am advocate of doing the job, then clearing myself off, never mind half eaten kebab. Good Lord, I'll put that practice down along with all the other faux pas a dancer needs to avoid when aiming at the professional end of the market.

'Fraid I have witnessed that twice.... and once without a cover-up and in a borrowed skirt.:rolleyes::shok:

Kharis

That's the going rate for other workers on NYE so push girls push.....

Yeah but most employers don't plead poverty, with a Mercedes Benz to run and 12 motherless young to feed. Ruinous rates are the death of them, you should know that!

I remember one restaurant owner actually said that to me. Blathered on about his motherless children and how much gas his car consumed. The only gas around was what came out of his gob, and if he could afford to wear gold rings on every finger that looked as though he'd got them out of a lucky bag, expensive cologne and a tanker load of hair oil, I was damned well gonna get my going rate. But I had to fight for it.

ImmanMussa

Regarding Tax

thats what I was thinking as a dancer charging rates per hr even if its Restaurant we should consider tax payments too..

I think the rates should be higher to cover tax and make a profit out of any gigs..

I hope Anna will mention all the requirement on rates so it will be spoken about and teachers should maybe start talking about cutting rates and what are their downfalls to new students who want to do it professionally...