Humor books regarding a male belly dancer

shiradotnet

There are a couple of books that are sort of the male belly dancer's answer to Anne Soffee's book Snake Hips. They take a humorous look at a man's experience of learning how to belly dance.

The only catch is that they're in German! Ach Du Lieber!

The author is Werner David. The title of the first one is Bauches Lust, Bauches Frust, which means "Belly Pleasure, Belly Frustration".

The title of the second book is Bauches Lust, Bauches Frust 2.

I hope to find time someday to sit down with my German-English dictionary and read them both. (I do speak German, but I'm sure there'll be lots of vocabulary that is new to me!)

If you don't speak German but you're really, really motivated to read these, you can actually get by reasonably well with Google Translate. Of course, it means keying the text into Google Translate and then reading the translation it gives you, which can be pretty tedious. So, it depends on how badly you want to read them! The catch is that you have to type it exactly correctly, complete with capital letters and umlauts, or else the translation won't come out right.

If you're still reading and want to buy these, I got my copies from the German-language version of Amazon.com - Amazon.de: Günstige Preise bei Elektronik & Foto, DVD, Musik, Bücher, Games, Spielzeug & mehr . Viel Spaß beim Lesen! (Which means, "Happy reading!")

shiradotnet

Thanks Shira,

Were the books based on real life experience or imagined?

So far, I haven't read the full books, just the cover blurbs. It's going to take me a while to read the actual books, since my German-language skills are a bit rusty. Actually, that's the main reason I want to read them - to help me learn more German vocabulary and get more practice with the language!

Anyway, my impression is that these books are true-life memoirs, sort of like Anne Soffee's book Snake Hips.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I've heard of Werner David and his memoirs - but haven't read them for obvious reasons!