In it for the sparkles!

JosieDaisy

Hi everyone. I'm Josie. I have lurked on this board for awhile just reading and not talking, but I want to work up the nerve to say hi and how inspiring so many of you ladies have been to me.

I am very new. My title is because I originally was intrigued by it as a way to have fun while working out, and look good doing it. To me, belly dance stuff is just so much more fun to rationalize spending money on than running shoes and spandex! :D

I like all kinds of belly dance and haven't the education to narrow down to a style yet really.

My first book on belly dance was by Dolphina (...please don't hurt me, it was on sale for four dollars at Barnes and Noble, amongst the diet and exercise books...) and I have to say I don't think I'll be sticking with whatever style that is, though.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum, Ohhh sparklies we love sparklies

Give yourself time, it can take a while to work out what style appeals, some people like several styles. Just concentrate on the basics before worrying too much about an actual style. Just enjoy the learning process and the fun addiction:D
~Mosaic

da Sage

Hi everyone. I'm Josie. I have lurked on this board for awhile just reading and not talking, but I want to work up the nerve to say hi and how inspiring so many of you ladies have been to me.

I am very new. My title is because I originally was intrigued by it as a way to have fun while working out, and look good doing it. To me, belly dance stuff is just so much more fun to rationalize spending money on than running shoes and spandex! :D

I like all kinds of belly dance and haven't the education to narrow down to a style yet really.

My first book on belly dance was by Dolphina (...please don't hurt me, it was on sale for four dollars at Barnes and Noble, amongst the diet and exercise books...) and I have to say I don't think I'll be sticking with whatever style that is, though.

I actually think the book by Dolphina is not bad. The index is particularly helpful. :) Welcome to the forum!

alosha

Welcome! I to have not yet found my personal style, but I think trying different ones has been a great thing.

Happy posting!

sstacy123

Hello Josie, nice to meet you...I haven't been posting too much lately but still thought I'd stop by and say hello...Happy Shimmies!

Stacy
TheBellydanceFan

JosieDaisy

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, everyone. At the moment I am still roaming the board collecting awesome ideas for outfits (not like rip-offs but just wow this looks SO good on someone who looks KIND of like me only graceful...:dance:) and trying to narrow down what to get first as far as books and DVDs.

So much wisdom on these boards.