Newbie.....be gentle with me!

AliX

Hello all *waves* My name is Ali Cross and I've only recently been bewitched by belly dancing.

I've made it a goal for this year to (start to) learn how to belly dance, so I'll be pootering about the forum looking for advice on classes in Scotland (pref Glasgow area), DVDs, music etc.

I just watched a clip of Salome dancing and was blown away by her elegance, strength and skill. Yeah, and her outfit was pretty fabulous too!

*whispers* I'm not a young thing and am carrying a pound or two (or ten or eleven) too much and learning to belly dance looks like a fantastic way to exercise.

I'm based in Scotland - anyone else from these parts?

Well, have rattled on enough. Hope to see you around the forum.

AliX

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Don't worry many of us are not 'young thangs' anymore. well the time machine says we are of a certain age, but the heart 7 mind gets younger every year. Oh I think quite a few of us also carry a bit of extra padding as well. You are in very good company, the young the old and in-between are all happily embracing their "addiction" so go for it, dance & enjoy!
~Mosaic

AliX

Thank you for the warm welcome, ladies! Have spotted a forthcoming workshop in Glasgow in February already. Fantastic!!!

I must now get myself off to bed!

Sorry - forgot to wish you all a Happy New Year!!

Ali

AliX

Ha - it's easier to dump a few pounds through exercise....to dump a few years takes surgery! Nice to meet you Zorba :)

AX

Prusilusken

Hiya, AliX!
I am sure we are all looking forward to enabling your addiction! :D
I am probably going on a trip to Scotland in September - I very much hope to have the opportunity to go on a workshop or to while I am there, so I'll probably be stalking you around a bit in here untill then! :lol:

AliX

Gisela - found a thread about a workshop in Glasgow in February which is brilliant!

Prusilisken - stalk away! As long as you have something for a beginner and your workshop is based in the Central Belt of Scotland (Glasgow or thereabouts) I'll be there :)

Zorba and Karena - thank you for the welcomes :clap:

Alix

Maria_Aya

Welcome Ali !!
Enjoy the forum and the conversations !!
and welcome to the bellydance -hook !!!!

Maria Aya, Greece