how many hours do you practise belly dance in a week?

Gia al Qamar

Your English is terrific!!!
Currently because of my schedule I put in about 2 hrs a day 4 days a week in addition to teaching classes and performing.
(edited to add the total hours...I was curious about how many hours I spend in the practice of belly dance, not JUST my average solo rehearsal time, which is what I thought the OP was asking. As it turns out, I teach an average of 6 hrs of classes a week, I practice another 8 solo (total of 14 hrs average during a non-busy month!) With the addition of performances, probably add another 5 hrs weekly! WHEW...I'm tired!)Gia

Last edited:

Moon

I'm still a beginner. Usually I have 1.25 hours dance lessons a week and I practice at home 1 or 2 hours a week. (Though sometimes a skip practice when I'm busy with school for example:redface:)

Maria_Aya

I teach 4 to 6 hours on weekdays (above my normal job that is 7 hours).
2 days of the week I practice for new choreo's or things i wanna do for me.
I've been teached 2 hours per week golden level for latin and ball room dances.
One weekend of the month I travel 1.000 miles and teach 8 hours Saturday, 8 Sunday. When I'm in Athens usual I have rehearshals on weekends so 4-5 hours Saturday and Sunday.
I guess a total of 140 hours per month, something like 35 hours per week (and as Chryssanthi says that saw me 2 weeks ago, i'm at the edge of collapsing :shok: )

Advice dont do it, its a madness, but when you get in it, you cant get out.

Maria Aya

Mouse

at a guess, I'd average about 18 hours a week. Atm its a little bit more because I'm working on something.

Yshka

I take classes about 6 hrs a week, then there's additional troupe practise and 0,5 to 2 hrs of practise a day..
I guess mostly it's 10 hrs a week or so..
I want it to become more lol but can't find the time:lol:

gwinity

Like Moon, I'm only a beginner.
But lately I've been dancing (practice, class, etc) about 6 hours a week, but after this weekend that will probably drop right back to only 2 regular hours and sporadic practice whenever I feel like it.

milky

I'm new to bellydance,too. I, now, take a bellydance class for 2 hours a week. And I practice for an hour a day. There r not that many professional bellydance teachers in my hometown. So I have no idea about what to do next after finishing my current bellydance courses.

~My English is not very good. I guess that I can not only improve my bellydance level, but also my English standard.Hehe...:)

Kharmine

About 20 minutes every day with an additional 2 hours per week in class. I'd like to do more but as an "advanced beginner" I'm still trying to, literally, get my basic moves up to speed.

And because I'm also working out almost daily on a rowing machine, I'm sore more often than not and trying not to put too much strain on my back. I'm not as young as I used to be...

miss_shimmy

hi

well realy I dance when and where I can,I am doing 6 hours of practise per week.

:)

Sapphira

As much as I can and as often as I can.

I've been lucky to get a lot of shows lately so I think it helps when you're performing a lot.

I've just done my own website which is helping to get me work...

What do you think of it?

http:// www.misssapphira.com

Miss_Winnii

It changes all the time, I love to just dance, to stay flexible and fit, so i try do do 3 hours a week, And when i have a performance and i want to do a new choreogrpahy, i practise some more
Shimmys,