Post Thanks / Like

Default Teacher/School near Minneapolis, MN?

Can anyone recommend a teacher near Minneapolis, MN? There are a handful, but I don't know if the more expensive ones are necessarily better. I am currently attending a community ed class, but it feels limited, and I am looking to expand my horizons in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend Cassandra Shore. She was already teaching workshops back when I was a beginning student in 1981. Although I haven't taken one of her workshops, I have seen her perform and she's fabulous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
    Can anyone recommend a teacher near Minneapolis, MN? There are a handful, but I don't know if the more expensive ones are necessarily better. I am currently attending a community ed class, but it feels limited, and I am looking to expand my horizons in the future.
    Some of the more expensive teachers are almost certain to be better (since you're not happy with your current teacher), and some may not be. It depends on what you want in your class experience. If you're looking for community ed with more than one level, you should try Pratt (3 levels "regular" bellydance plus a tribal fusion class). The Cassandra School has long been considered the gold standard around here, but Cassandra doesn't teach the low-level classes anymore, so don't expect to to start with her as your primary teacher when you take a low-level class at her school.

Teacher preferences are highly personal. I suggest that you try other teachers out on a class-by-class basis, perhaps while continuing your affordable community ed class (if you're only vaguely dis-satisfied with it).
    Last edited by da Sage; 01-07-2010 at 04:20 AM.