Muay Thai Fighter and Death Metal Headbanger

Hexx

Hi there ladies and gents!

I'm clearly a noob here on your forum but decided to join after a number of visits via Google queries.

I recently started what I call Bellydance Wednesdays. That's where a few of my girlfriends come over and we choose a workout based on my collection of belly dance DVDs. (obviously, this is no match for a real instructor, but I spend almost $100/month on kickboxing [see pic of me in my awesome shorts below/note the over-pointed toes from synchronized swimming and also the mis-placement of my elbow :doh::doh:] and can't afford an actual instructor.) I'd totally go for Audra from www.thedarksidestudio.com I don't understand how a city as big as Toronto has so few studios. :mad:

Anyways, thanks for the info so far, and I hope to be able to contribute something worthwhile to your community.

Also, re: my post title, I am a huge metalhead (I know, a chick that's into metal! Crazy, eh?) Here's a pic of me and some friends loving http://www.myspace.com/blackguardBlackguard I'm the one in the middle having trouble keeping the beat.

Well, thanks for having me, and if I suck, lemme, know, and I'll bugger off. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. You seem to be a very active person, which is fine, but as we are a bellydance forum, do try to keep posts in keeping with the forum. But you are very welcome and I understand your intro is just telling us a little about you.

Hope your Bellydance Wednesday's work out for you & your friends.
~Mosaic

AliX

Hi - pleased to meet you. I'm a newbie myself in these parts.

I haven't seen a photo of people head-banging for years. I did it for a bit when I was at uni - a long time ago - but abandoned it because my friend and I ended up having to hold hands because we kept falling over.

Hope you enjoy your bellydancing as much as your metal ;-)

Ali x

onela

Welcome :) How's the kick boxing going for you? (Well I'd guess judging by your awesome calves!) I'm going to start capoeira for cross-training (too hard to keep my running regular through the winter). If I like the first Metalocalypse/Dethklok album, what should I try next? My husband is a metalhead but I am intimidated by his collection.

What are your favourite belly dance dvds? I have Bellydance for Wimps but it's way too easy, I can't bare to do it. I can hardly stand the pizza photo on the box to be honest :/

Kharis

I'm clearly a noob here on your forum but decided to join after a number of visits via Google queries.

I recently started what I call Bellydance Wednesdays. That's where a few of my girlfriends come over and we choose a workout based on my collection of belly dance DVDs. (obviously, this is no match for a real instructor, but I spend almost $100/month on kickboxing [see pic of me in my awesome shorts below/note the over-pointed toes from synchronized swimming and also the mis-placement of my elbow :doh::doh:] and can't afford an actual instructor.) I'd totally go for Audra from www.thedarksidestudio.com I don't understand how a city as big as Toronto has so few studios. :mad:

Anyways, thanks for the info so far, and I hope to be able to contribute something worthwhile to your community.

Also, re: my post title, I am a huge metalhead (I know, a chick that's into metal! Crazy, eh?) Here's a pic of me and some friends loving http://www.myspace.com/blackguardBlackguard I'm the one in the middle having trouble keeping the beat.

Well, thanks for having me, and if I suck, lemme, know, and I'll bugger off. :lol:

You look like you're all doing a zaar! (google it)

dreamthief666

hi from a fellow metalhead, love headbanging still ,but should try to remember not 17 anymore and have an artritic back, but still fun at the time, dvds are ok but you do need a real person checking you as you could do it wrong an pull somthing vital :lol:

Hexx

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

onela - I LOVE kickboxing. It's the only real exercise that I actually enjoy doing. :lol: It helps with my dancing too because I'm so much stronger now.

If your hubby has some folk metal (Finntroll, Korpiklaani) that's a fun way to ease yourself in. Also look for anything by Opeth and Dark Tranquilly. They're Melodic Death Metal so it's a bit easier to follow when you're not used to listening to metal.

I like Contemporary Bellydance & Yoga Conditioning By Ariellah and Love Potion - The Bellydance Workout By Neon. These are great for my skill level.

dreamthief666 - Ha ha, yeah, I feel my age after a good show too. Ooh my poor neck!

I'm trying to get some money together so that I can get to a class or seminar. I hate to think that I'm putting bad habits into muscle memory. :(