DO YOU WANNA WIN 2000 US Dollars

Lydia

If you are a bellydancer and you wanna win this price,, 2000 US dollars ,,taxfree please reply to this post....just your name ,where you are performing and what is the reason that you would be the one that wins this price?tell me about your experiance a little bit ,like how many shows you did already? or how long you dance,what dancing means to you...ofcourse if you are teaching it will be great! so please just tell me about yourself...tell me why you think that everybody must dance??and why bellydancing is good for everybody?This is also for dancers that are new comers ..if you are still a student but you think 1 day you will perform you can also reply on this post...i need a long list otherwise i can not choose....hugzzz to all ,and have a great day....Lydia

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Lydia, are you, or some company offering this 'prize'. Is there some reason for it? I am curious:D One question, some people may not wish to give their real names on the forum for security or personal reasons, is that a problem.

I am sure everyone on the forum would love to win this. OK I have decided to enter:D Even a matriarch in her golden years is willing to give it a go. I have PM'd you. If you want it listed here OK but I will just use my user name & given name here if that is OK
~Mosaic

Last edited:

Reen.Blom

Catchy thread name!! LOL If it was not YOU who posted it, then I would think its a scam...LOL LOL LOL

Me dance???? Never. Im too lazy. :p:p:p

Lydia

o well....i geuss is was not a good idea!!!!..what a pitty...thanks Mosaic..you will be on my list!.....happy dancing dear.....

Mosaic

Super Moderator
o well....i geuss is was not a good idea!!!!..what a pitty...thanks Mosaic..you will be on my list!.....happy dancing dear.....

It is a lovely & very generous idea, If I won I would try to come to Dubai to give you a hug - maybe next time I go to Egypt -Inshallah, I will take a flight via Dubai and visit you.
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

:think: Who Wants To Be A Two-Thousand Dollaraire?

meeeeeeeeeee! :D

pming you later today...need to go to bed (work, bleeeeeeeeeah).

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Edit: LOL my name is all over the place already so I'm not worried about someone seeing it here. Plus who know who will read this and find inspiration for themselves from it :)

My name is Diana Leadbeater and I am performing in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. The reason I really like to win this prize is that it would allow me to travel out of Newfoundland to take part in bellydance workshops and get private lessons with professional teachers. Newfoundland (as much as I love it) does not have a big bellydance following nor any professional bellydance instructors and to gain any of this experience you need to fly in to Halifax but basically it's Toronto. Toronto alone costs around $700 to fly in and out, let alone the price of hotel, food, and the cost of the training. The farther you go it costs even more. Taking this training will also allow me to bring back this knowledge to my troupe, as well as fellow bellydancers in other troupes here. My only option, being where I live, is to fly. I have seen one fellow dancer already leave to move to Toronoto in order to continue her dream of dance. I am sad to think others may follow in order to be closer to gain access to this source of training.

I started classes in fall 2007 and fell in love with the dance. I could not get enough of the classes, and being a student at the time, gave up food money and cut out other things in order to pay for classes. I took as many classes that I could afford and in fall 2008 was taking 4 classes a week. I would get on the bus and take it downtown to the studio and then home. Many days I would wait around in bitter cold and through snowstorms to get the bus there and back. I strived to become as good as I could. As a student I followed the Neighbourhood stray troupe around as they performed and I absorbed as many performances as I could; really I ended up becoming a fan/roady of sorts.

I've also taken almost every workshop that became available here, which sadly is not as much as I would have loved. In fall 2008, I applied to become a new member of the troupe when the option opened. I did 6 months of troupe prep training and worked my butt off hoping that it would be enough to be accepted. It made my year to find out that I was accepted as a new member at the end of that. Since becoming a troupe member, I've done over 24 performances which most were for charity events. I've also picked up the online Suhalia classes in order to continue to learn.

Dancing means everything to me! My personality has changed drastically since I first started dancing. Before I took classes I had a very negative view of my body, low self-esteem, bad self-image, and felt like I was floating through life. But as I took classes and learned I changed. I learned to accept my body as it is, that it is beautiful and feminine. That having curves and extra clubber does not make one ugly, unlovable, or less of a woman. I learned it is quite the opposite. My first performance I covered up almost completely cause I was so embarrassed about my stomach. I never would never even consider the idea of performing in front of people showing my stomach. Now I would hate to cover up and actually wear bra tops!

I loved how accepting the dance and people who danced it are so of all body types and abilities. I also made all my friends here from troupe members and fellow students I trained with. My dancing also helped me with my fitness and exercise. It has made me healthier in many ways by increasing my cardio ability, flexibility and muscle tone. I've started eating healthier in relation to dancing and picked up a gym membership and been at it for now 2 years. Dancing helped me fit in, gave me a place where I feel I belong. My heart would break if I could no longer dance.

Sharing what I've learned and watching others grow, learn, and experience what I have makes me so happy. I want to be able to pass on what I know to women coming behind me. I want to see girls and women change the way they see themselves, to become proud of themselves as they are! I've seen/heard of women get out of bad and/or abusive relationships cause they gained a inner strength though dance.

I think everyone should dance cause it allows you to discover yourself. Bellydance is freeing! It free's you of social expectations about body image, free's you of your daily stress, and makes you free to express your emotions through your movements. Anyone can do it no matter you level of activity, body type, flexibility, etc. You also get to meet many great women and men as you travel this road, who can end up becoming you best friends and confidants.

Last edited:

teela

I sent a PM to enter even though there is no chance I could possibly win. Figured it didn't hurt as its the old nothing ventured, nothing gained.
<grins> Thank you for allowing me the honor of entering.
teela

Lydia

Hello lady,s thank you for writing to me....i have choosen 2 girls that are very talented and do not have the money to buy costumes ,so it is limiting them to ,,grow,, and find jobs in good places...1 girl is from Iraq and the other girl is from uzbekistan....both are working at the moment in poor nightclubs where men just come and get drunk staring at girls...its a pitty those girls have realy potential....so that is what i am gonna spend the money on,go shopping with this 2,, stars in the making,,.....have agreat day all

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Sounds like a very good cause, and what fun to go shopping with them. You are very generous and sweet Lydia. Have fun with the girls!
~Mosaic

Lydia

Yes i see many time talented girls ending up in nasty places,where money is easy for grapps,and when they are poor many girls then ending up going the wrong way....so this ones ,at least get a good change to go away from this ....i will also give them private classes to get them more ready then they are now,and then hopefully if they work hard and are lucky they will go up up up!!!!!