Automatically subscribed to threads

Moon

Sometimes I find myself suddenly being subscibed to threads, while I never subsribed myself to a thread.
Last week my mailbox was full with mails from orientaldancer.net because of threads I was subsribed to :confused:
I don't understand how I become automatically subsribed to threads. I don't want that. Are there more persons here with the same problem? Is it some kind of new feature of the forum?

Dev

I have not recieved any email from Orientaldancer.net but when i log into this forum, i can see i have subscribed to a few threads to which i have not subscribed anything at all :confused: ,

Aniseteph

sorted (?)

It happened to me too. I unsubscribed to the lot after getting emails a few days ago, and had to unsubscribe on two more just now. I haven't subscribed to anything...:think:

Aaargh! it just messaged me one while I was watching :naghty:

Found it!!!! Go into your user CP, edit options - in messaging and notification you can change it. And remember to scroll all the way down to save it! :cool:

Moon

I even did that too, Aniseteph (while I never put on that option :rolleyes:) but then I still had to unsubscribe for one or two threads I never subsribed to, and one more today :confused:.

Ok, I just checked again and I was subsribed again to two threads. I had to switch of the subscription option again. Hope it will stay off now ;)

Last edited:

Sara

uh huh. Happened to me too. :dance: :think:

Maybe it's a sign?

(other than that we have people replying)

Moon

Now I'm really sure I switched that option off, and I'm still automatically subsribed to this thread :wall:

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I didn't reply earlier.
Go to User CP > Edit Options
In "Messaging & Notification" - "Default Thread Subscription Mode" choose an option you want from drop-down menu ("do not subscribe" if you don't want to be subscribed automatically). Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Save changes" button. Done.

But you are still subscribed for some threads. You need to unsubscribe from them.

User CP > Subscribed threads > click the link "View all subscribed threads", mark box(es) to the right from the thead(s), choose "delete subscription" from drop-down menu, and hit the button "Go". Done :D

Aniseteph

Thanks Anatoliy - hope we can give those headbanging smilies a rest now.
BTW I like the new picture at the top of the forum pages :clap:

Moon

Thanks Anatoliy, now I just hope I won't get automatically subscribed again.

I like the picture on top too, by the way. But I liked the sponsored links better on top then below the first post of every thread.