Immodesty Blaise

Kharis

Juts caught her on ITV Good Morning talking about Burlesque and history of such. Fantastic footage of her stage, stunning costumes. She looks great. Real old fashioned tease and glamour. Great stuff. When you see it performed like this, you know that Burlesque has it's place in enterainment. I was mesmerised.

Emma_Williams

yeah she is beautiful i have seen her live a few times.
Burlesque certainly has its place as it can be so beautiful and creative and it takes a lot of talent.
Going back to a previous thread - burlesque and ME dance are not much of a muchness like some suggest. I am sure burlesque acts would not want to be seen as ME dancers - there is enough room for all art forms and performers.

I adore true real authentic burlesque and it looks so crap when it is done with belly dance. It looks so tacky - no offence to those who do it but it never looks authentic and just like a bunch of housewives shimmyying with a feather boa which i find so tasteless and tacky.

jahbie

I'm curious. Why "housewives" rather than a bunch of women or dancers? I'm not criticising this post, I've seen it often and always wondered why it's used as a pejorative term. After all, a lot of us are housewives aren't we?

Burlesque certainly has its place as it can be so beautiful and creative and it takes a lot of talent.
Going back to a previous thread - burlesque and ME dance are not much of a muchness like some suggest. I am sure burlesque acts would not want to be seen as ME dancers - there is enough room for all art forms and performers.

I adore true real authentic burlesque and it looks so crap when it is done with belly dance. It looks so tacky - no offence to those who do it but it never looks authentic and just like a bunch of housewives shimmyying with a feather boa which i find so tasteless and tacky.

Kharis

Whether we care to admit it, accept it, or not... burlesque does require a good body and youth. Bellydance does not. Some of the best bellydancers are not skinny young thangs, and can hold their own in the professional arena through skill and persona. But with Burlesque, you need that body to survive as a professional with any integrity.

Emma_Williams

very true

apologies for the housewives comment...it was not very nice of me to use it. I dont mean it nastily my mum is one and a damn good one and so are most of the women i respect and admire. It wasnt meant with offence but it was offensive.

Very sorry

jahbie

Hi Emma,

I'm sorry that you thought I was getting at you, I tried to say that I wasn't. I've seen that kind of comment a lot on Bhuz and other forums and wondered about it. I should probably have started a fresh thread instead of attaching it to your post. My apologies.

very true

apologies for the housewives comment...it was not very nice of me to use it. I dont mean it nastily my mum is one and a damn good one and so are most of the women i respect and admire. It wasnt meant with offence but it was offensive.

Very sorry

Emma_Williams

no not at all hun i didnt feel you were digging i just re read it and thought sugar that looks a bit offensive. Start a post it will be good to see why we say it hehe :)

jahbie

Good idea. I've done that, it will be interesting to find out if it's just me that finds these things curious!

no not at all hun i didnt feel you were digging i just re read it and thought sugar that looks a bit offensive. Start a post it will be good to see why we say it hehe :)

Corylus

Immodesty Blaize is brilliant. She is gorgeous and a wonderful show-woman. Oh to have her wardrobe!

Her props are great too, I love her big rocking horse routine. She is a truly class burlesque act.