Post Thanks / Like

Default Arcing torso circle...

I have a question about the large ribcage circle, not the chest circles but the full ribcage circle. I am just learning this one and Im afraid of hurting my back on the backward lean... Should there be any tightness in my back? (Im swaybacked by the way so I need extra tucking to compensate ) I am afraid of hurting myself. It doesnt hurt but can this circle cause injury?

Post Thanks / Like

Default keep your back

straight and your pelvis "tucked in" as much as you can.

And, till your back muscles get stronger do not do a big ribcage circle but as small as it permits you to keep the position mentioned above...

Post Thanks / Like

We were doing similar last class in an exercise and advised to clench our behinds for the backwards bit. Although it was less a lean than an exaggerated pull in/back of the ribcage with the pelvis staying put... maybe this is a different move.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant think of a video Ive seen this particular circle in....anyone have any examples to be sure we're referring to the same thing lol. its just the largest torso circle there is.....

Post Thanks / Like

Also, there is nothing wrong with moving one foot back a bit to give you more stability. A lot of people feel "off-balance" when they go back that far and that causes them to tighten up, and then cause damage. Much of that feeling can be relieved simply by taking a half-step back.