Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anybody know this dancer?

Dear all,

My friend was talking about a Khaleegy workshop the other day, advertised by a teacher named Ruby Roy. She got an email about it if I remember correctly. I was wondering since I have been interested in Khaleegy lately... Does anybody have experience with this teacher? Did any of you take classes or workshops with her? I'd like to know more since I cannot find any videos of her, nor a website, anything. I'd love to find some good Khaleegy teachers nearby and the email my friend got says this lady will be coming to Holland for a short time so I'd like to find out if this is worth a go.
    Last edited by Yshka; 01-28-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Aaaanybody? Any references or experiences from you will be very much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you a member of Bhuz? Maybe someone there will know. I haven't heard of her but that doesn't mean she isn't well known elsewhere.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mosaic, no I'm not on Bhuz, but I'll take a look around on the net.

I have a second teacher to add. Does anybody know Magda Kadous? I got a flyer saying she's coming to teach here as well in april. So many workshops and so hard to choose, especially if you don't know the person who's teaching.

Am going to try and make it to Brussels though to see Farida Fahmy, Amir Thaleb and Tamalyn Dallal in March!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yshka View Post
    Thanks Mosaic, no I'm not on Bhuz, but I'll take a look around on the net.

I have a second teacher to add. Does anybody know Magda Kadous? I got a flyer saying she's coming to teach here as well in april. So many workshops and so hard to choose, especially if you don't know the person who's teaching.

Am going to try and make it to Brussels though to see Farida Fahmy, Amir Thaleb and Tamalyn Dallal in March!!!
    Magda Kadous sounds familiar, but I couldn't tell you anything about her.

You may just have to go on the recommendation of the sponsor or your regular teacher.

Post Thanks / Like

Magda Kadous is from Egypt, but that is essentially all I know about her. I found this youtube video which features a choreography by her, but no vids of her dancing herself.

YouTube - Hanan Samar -Taht el Shibbak - Under the window

Post Thanks / Like

I did find this (Bellydance Teacher in Ottawa Ontario and Gatineau Hull Québec, Canada - Oriental Dancer Jocelyne Khan). If you contact the host, you can ask about Ruby's website. Once we have that, I bet we will recognize her.

Let me keep poking around some more . . .

Regards,

Anala