Hi! New to the forums!

HabibtiPandah

Hello, everybody! My name is Amanda, and I'm new to this site.

Well, Belly Dance is THE ONE TRUE LOVE of my life! I've been dancing since I was 14, 14-1/2, and I am turning 18 this year. It makes me feel happy, alive, and beautiful!

I am trained mostly in Egyptian style, (Sharqi mostly, though I am learning an teensy bit of beladi), but I have also dabbled in Tribal (I love the music, the costumes, and a small troupe setting), and I love it.

I am a plus size belly dancer (though I prefer luscious :D), and always plan to be squishy and jiggly, but I'm working off the unhealthy pounds very well with diet and exercise.

I've preformed (unprofessionally, of course) about 7 times in front of large crowds, and a couple more times in front of smaller ones. Three of the large performances were with other people.

I'm super happy to have found this place! I hope I learn loads! Thanks! :yay:

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Welcome Amanda!

I'm another Amanda :)

Please contribute to the "why do people obsess on bellydance thread" if you wouldn't mind. I always like to see what drives others who have the same crazy obsession as me :)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
you have come to the right place, we are all obsessed, addicted and passionate about the dance here.
~Mosaic

HabibtiPandah

Thanks everybody! I love these forums already! I'm lurking on so many threads. And, Yes, I am SO lucky I found Belly Dance when I did, I wish I had found it sooner, though. But who doesn't? Haha!

Farasha Hanem

Hi, and welcome to the forum, Amanda! :D You'll meet so many wonderful people from all around the world, and learn even more about the obsession we all share! :)