Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My life is rather hectic due to work, travelling, university and the million other things I do, but I always try to dedicate time on dancing. Usually I attend at least two 1-1,5 hour classes a week + spend an hour practising the technical stuff at least once a week at home. oh, and like Viv, I do my shimmies while doing the dishes or waiting for the traffic light to turn green

Oh, but have you noticed that it is summer outside? So much for regularity

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi :)

I like to get in an hour in the morning and an hour later in the day or evening.
    but somedays like today I got in 45 minutes,I figure little is better than nothing at all,and my body felt a little tired like it needed a rest too.

do you practise dancing to music after your dvd tutorial?just choose something you connect with and let your body free,or work on one move...

hope this helps!!

amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

I'm time-poor. I commute three hours a day, and don't have time after dinner to practice or work out. I'll work on small, discreet isolations while on the train and at my desk, though, along with shimmying and dancing while doing housework!

Post Thanks / Like

---
    Last edited by MichelleD; 09-24-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you all practice a lot! :eek:

Before my course stopped because of summer holiday, I had weekly lessons of 1 1/4 hour. I also practiced one or two hours on friday evening and sometimes also other evenings.

I must admit it's almost a month ago since a danced. I'd expected to miss dancing a lot during the summer, but that's not the case ()
    Probably because it's very warm now. My room is extremely warm so I feel more like going to the park, reading a book while sitting in the shade and eating ice cream

Post Thanks / Like

Default :)

ah moon,i think its good to have a break sometimes,you will dance amazingly when you next dance

When I went to see the bellydance superstars, I asked one of the dancers how much time they spend practising, she told me 5 hours a day on average. When I asked Bozenka, she said to just fit practise in whenever you can within your daily routine. I believe she was saying..'just go with the flow'.
    michelle,how inspiring!!!wow!!! that had to be an amazing experiance,to meet up and be able to get answers to your questions.

thankx for sharing

Amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there

I do my personal drills for 1/2 hour everyday.
    1/2 hour special strength special mussles programm.
    Teaching for 2-3 hours per day.
    Choreographing/listening music/trying etc for 2 more.
    This is my last month program

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have a another job than dancing so most of my time is going in it,(Many people say i am crazy,but i feel so lucky) i teach mornings around 3 and half hour,open classes, have a break,than teach private classes usely 2 hours a day ,and than i teach early open eve classes ...after that usely i still perform... i teach only sinds 7 years medancing .....before i started teaching i did aprox 10 to 14 show,s a week the whole year treu...i did 4 years on the strech without 1 day of....from 1992 till 1996 ...1 show is 50 minutes.... at the moment i cut down a bit on performing,i have been performing sindts 1980....so that is my scheduale.....happy dancing Lydia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12