Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought she was enjoyable to watch..... keep in mind, this was probably a "belly-gram" (that is what it appeared to be to me).... and you don't put on a stage production for a belly-gram. You also have to take into consideration that you may not know what area she is in.... for example, the community that I am presently in looks at some of the more complicated moves as just too sexy, and I do not use them in belly-grams, but I do teach more complicated moves. I actually had two students quit because I taught pelvic locks, rib lifts and undulations!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually Youtube says the venue is a hafla. Doesnthat make a difference to those who said dancing was OK for restaurant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    Actually Youtube says the venue is a hafla. Doesnthat make a difference to those who said dancing was OK for restaurant?
    I assumed it was a hafla, because of the vocalizations.

I wondered why some people thought a paying audience should get a less complicated show that a free/low-fee hafla audience. Regardless, I would enjoy seeing this dancer dance at a hafla or restaurant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    We often have acts at our haflas where the dancer performs like a restuarant dancer moving around the tables and interacting with the audience.
    Sorry for my mistake( I didn't go to Youtube) but my point was that whatever wherever she wasn't that bad a dancer and how was that eveidence of her being a teacher and how could we judge her as a teacher?

Post Thanks / Like

Default nice dancer

i enjoyed the clip, she looked as though she was enjoying entertaining her audience, give me a giving dancer over a bag of tricks robot anyday,i think performing is totally different to teaching as your not showing individual moves when dancing

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is i like to think I am a ok enough dancer and performer and have been told I dance well. However i would never be able to teach! I think to be a teacher takes a lot. You have to be able to dance, control a class, be confident, know your stuff inside and out, be abel to do improv and choreographies...I salute teachers because I reckon it is way hard!

Post Thanks / Like

So why pick on this dancer?

I'm not seeing anything so very terrible here, and she can actually dance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    So why pick on this dancer?

I'm not seeing anything so very terrible here, and she can actually dance.
    I thought I heard axes grinding...

Post Thanks / Like

I think she dances well enough. I wasn't amazed by her dancing, but she's not a terrible dancer. I don't see how I'm supposed to judge her ability to teach from that clip though.
    And I really don't see the point in singling somebody out and posting a vid of her on a forum in the hope to get to hear derogatory comments about her. Makes you look worse than her, actually.

Post Thanks / Like

i am not gonna comment on the dancer so i geuss so gonna be,,of topic,,....what is the differance??? hafla ,school ,performing,film ??? a dancer is a dancer...she or he gives her or his best...where ever she or he is dancing ...in my opinion....every show has to be your best it is not depending what the veneu is or the purpose.......sorry if i went ,,of topic,,have a nice day all.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast