Thread: Hello!!

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Hello!!

Hi all

I am new to the forums, just wanted to introduce myself I am Kelly, and am in Central VA. I was introduced to the dance when my son was a baby, he is 14 now!! (I can hardly believe it!!) I haven't been dancing straight through the whole time, but on and off until the last 3/4 years where I have studied several forms and traditions, plus fire dancing. I am currently studying Egyptian (fusion) with a wonderful teacher and friend, as well as continuing with my own personal fusion of styles.

The past year was both a difficult one and a wonderful one. I got married <3 and had a couple of sad things happen, so I took a year off from dancing It was hard and more difficult to get my isolations back when I started back up, but muscle memory kicked in (thank god) and I am getting it back, and more.

I guess that is enough for now. I am looking forward to getting to know some other dancers

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Kelly. Hope you enjoy reading and posting!

Post Thanks / Like

Always nice to welcome another keen dancer to the forum. Congrats on your marriage
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

To the forum in addition to bellydance I also practise fire dancing (well candles to be more precise) they are very different dance styles but I love them both. Perhaps bellydance wins out though

Hope you enjoy being a part of the forum and I look forward to reading your future posts!
    love
    Sita

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome I have been reading, and like the feel of this community

Post Thanks / Like

A warm welcome from me to you too, Kelly!
    Firedancing is very much on my "AW! I wanna learn how to do that TOO!" list!

I hope I'll get there sometime. For now, I am primarily concentrating on finding new "excuses" to incorporate a variety of sharp objects into my style(s?) of dancing which for several reasons, even the "rules of traditional bellydancing" aside, is no easy task. (Long story)

Sharp objects aside, "fire" is next on my list, so I am happy to have you here on BDFS so I can pester you with silly questions about fire dancing when I eventually go for that!

Post Thanks / Like

<3 it's so nice to meet all of you <3

I am planning on really stepping up the firedancing this spring (though it would be lovely to do it in the snow ~just cold) I used to get into poi (which would trasnsfer to voi if I was still in practice) but let that go to focus on fans and palm torches. I love, love, love dancing with fire! and if I can help in any way, Prusilusken, when you start up...and you should, it is a good feeling

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Kelly, nice to have you here! I've been taking classes now since September '07, and have two kids, a daughter, 23 (who also loves to bellydance), and a son who will be 26 this Valentine's Day!

Glad that you have a teacher that inspires you. I think it's wonderful that you know quite a few styles of dance (firedancing, wow!). Hope you post clips in the future. Happy Posting!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Kelly ! enjoy the forum !