Brand new and learning to dance

darkwinter

Hello my name is Rebecca but I like the name Darkwinter or DW. I am new to bellydancing (for about a year and a half now) and i really enjoy it. I am a plus size woman in the city of Detroit. I am a wife to 1 and a mother to 8. I have recently gotten my daughters who are 11, 9, and 6 to take classes. They love it to. I perform sometimes but get butterflies in my tummy when I do but I really really enjoy the art form. I know i have lots more to work on but I am excited about dancing. i do wish to lose the wieght and I am currently working on it. This is my 2 cents.

gisela

Super Moderator
Hi and welcome! That's cool you got your daughters to go to classes too.
Hope you will enjoy this forum as well as the dancing in real life :)
gisela

Mosaic

Super Moderator
A warm to you, it's great your daughters are learning as well. I so wish I had, had the opportunity to learn when young, but better late than never:D

I too am working on a few extra kilo's as a lot of woman are, and getting there, but I am impatient and want them gone yesterday:lol: and have to lecture myself on the virtue of patience;)

As for butterflies before performing, I am sure most of us experience that at some stage, (it does get better over time) and once the music starts and you step out there they settle down quite a bit I'm sure:D
~Mosaic

Ruby~<3

Hello and welcome!

Hope you have fun and learn alot here! I know I have!

its so cute your daughters are into it..I hope if i ever have a daughter she will also enjoy it..also just keep practicing and perform as much as you can. Ev entual ly the butterflies go away and you will dance with so much freedom and confidance! And good luck dancing and with your weight loss journey! I too am on the same train! :D Belly dance is a great and fun way to help you reach your goal!

See you around!

Ruby