Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Wind Of Change ?

The Wind Of Change as it applies to this website, for it has changed and I suppose periodically does change but as I have noticed, usually after there has been a big squabble about something or other, which usually is in or around the same old subject, I will leave others to define that.

But I have noticed in recent weeks I hardly pop in here, anymore where in the past, it was a usual daily visit, I visited, because I enjoyed being here, there was much of interest to read and participate in, but not so much lately, the last couple of months I would say.

I don't know, perhaps it is me, but I feel there is an air of tension here now where there was not before, it feels like people are unwilling to comment on some subjects for they know where it most likely will end up and they do not want to be seen as part of it.

I have left for a long period once before, and fear I am doing the same again, maybe it is natural, maybe I need a break, maybe this site is failing to appeal anymore, if the latter, it saddens me, as this was a great place to be.

Does anyone else feel the change and have similar thoughts, and more importantly, have they an idea of what the problem is, and can it be made better ?

Has anyone noticed who used to be here regularly and has in recent months ceased to be so, I for one cannot believe everyone is just busy doing other things.

Post Thanks / Like

On the contrary, I don't feel that anyone is watching their step. I do feel that things are flatter now. The controversy has gone, but when it was here it sparked off aot more interesting debate

Post Thanks / Like

Forums go through active and quiet times, I don't see anything very different. Most of the regulars keep popping in

If you need a break (it happens) don't worry we will still be here
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

...and I've also noticed that there are times when it's positively horrid being here (usually when there are arguments), times when a lot of newbies are here so there's lots of 'instruction' stuff, and times when it's just fun and frivolous and fabulous! I think it's more like the latter at the moment, and I love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Forums go through phases just like people do. I agree with Bronnie's assessment right down to the exclamation mark after "I love it!"

have they an idea of what the problem is, and can it be made better ?
    When I find myself dissatisfied and discontent with an entity or activity that I have previously enjoyed, I can usually trace the problem back to myself. That is not to say you are a problem, my dear Khanjar, but rather that perhaps that the site no longer serves a purpose for you personally and that you need to explore other avenues for a while. Taking a break from OD doesn't automatically translate into permament exile- we'll always welcome you back.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think sites like this are cyclic, and that moods and ideas fluctuate and it all comes full circle and off we go again. I feel this site has become a better place to be... but I can also see why folks come and then don't stay or get involved in the discussions.

I guess there's a fine line between a good old heated debate and becoming personal with someone because there is a nurtured vendetta that won't be laid to rest and when this raises it's head things get ugly, as we have recently seen.

Mostly, we can dish out as good as we get on here, but sometimes, there are unfairly aggressive posts to newbies who haven't built up the armour necessary to deal with this. That really pisses me off.

The other unpleasant aspect of this site is when people feel the need to rip another dancer apart on their You Tube footage. Again, there's a fine line between being critical if someone blatantly brings the dance into disrepute or behaves like an idiot, and tearing someone a new arsehole because they dance in the street in homemade costumes and their technique is wanting.

There we go... I'm sure the above will open up some debate... or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Kharis I'll take it to debate

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizaj View Post
    Ok Kharis I'll take it to debate
    My HereHoles are plugged back...ready and waiting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    My HereHoles are plugged back...ready and waiting.

Done,doll ,go fer it! Give Khanjar something to get his teeth into..in the nicest possible way

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizaj View Post
    Done,doll ,go fer it! Give Khanjar something to get his teeth into..in the nicest possible way
    Scutter... skittle...scurry.......dash....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast