I just quit

Jane

I have finally made the decision to quit teaching at the YMCA. I'm off to find new studio space on Monday. Wish me luck!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
The right studio is out there waiting for you I am sure. It has your name stamped on it already:D

All the very best for your new enterprise
~Mosaic

Jane

Thanks ladies! It's a hard decision, but I just wasn't getting enough hours there. They want us to do certification training after training at our own expense. It was getting to the point of costing me more to work there than I was making. There were a couple of other minor issues, but that was the main one. I haven't told them yet. I'll give my two weeks notice on Monday.

Well, I taught out of there for five years and now I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things. With a ton of certificates to boot! LOL!

Athansor I should just call you. I blab so much better than I type. ;) Give me a call if you are around this weekend.

Jane

Thanks for all the support! You guys Raq! :dance:

I feel a little nervous being at loose ends as far as studio space is concerned. Studios end up feeling like a second home. I did some calling around today and came up with some possibilities. Studio space rental here is around $15 an hour, the same as last time I checked six years ago. There are lots more studios now than there used to be. Maybe that's why. Some places want you to carry your own insurance which isn't too expensive per year. It looks more do-able than I thought. Hooray! Hubby and daughter are 100 percent supportive.

Jane

Excellent points Tera-Byte :)

I won't tell my students at the Y where I'm switching, I think that would be unethical use of company time, but will double check that they have my contact information. Hint, hint ;)

Last edited:

Jane

Bought my domain name today. Nothing on the site yet :)

Got a name for business too! "Queen City Oriental Academy"

Got the insurance and have appointments with studio owners tomorrow at 1. Tax guy and business cards next. Things are coming together!