Evenin' all!

lularaqs

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and have been enjoying reading the posts. I live in Scotland and I've been dancing for about 6 years, doing Raqs sharqi, folk, beledi and classical. It's very, very addictive, isn't it? I don't have much chance to perform as I live in a fairly remote area, but our troupe makes a huge effort and gets out whenever possible to perform and demonstrate. :D

I'm no spring chicken but now feel very comfortable in my own skin and love dancing just for the sheer joy of it! It really does make me feel sooooo good!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
To the forum. There are a few 'beyond the spring-chicken years' here, so you are in good company:D
~Mosaic

Sita

Hello and welcome to the forum, sounds likle your gonna fit right in :). I look forward to reading your posts.
love
Sita

Kharis

Welcome the forum. No bird is too old, too stringy or too past their sell by date to join or do this dance. As the saying goes... there's nobody here but us chickens...

Prusilusken

Welcome! :)
I am probably going to "swing by" Scotland some time in september this year (going to a wedding) and I've been thinking that since I'll already be there, I have no excuse not to try to seek up any bellydancing, it being shows or workshops, in the area and attend. Nor do I want any - so I'll prolly be stalking you for info on BD related events going on in Scotland come summer. ;)

lularaqs

Thank you all for your very warm welcomes! I could easily spend all day on this forum but life sometimes gets in the way doesn't it? :D

Prusilusken

Thank you all for your very warm welcomes! I could easily spend all day on this forum but life sometimes gets in the way doesn't it? :D
Don't worry about that, it's common for people new to this forum - Life interfering. You'll learn to work around it in no time, I promise! :lol: