Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
    I was mistaken, I am definetly in a beginners class!
    Unfortunately, our first 5 classes are called beginner, then everything after that lumped as "advanced"-which I know I am not!
    It misleads me into thinking it's an intermediate course, but we don't do much.
    What is disparing about it is that someone like myself who is in their 5th month of classes is in the same class as the students that have been there for years, which makes it seem like a dead end if you know what I mean.
    Don't despair. Teachers cannot always afford to split classes in finer levels of ability. Sometimes students are happier to stay with fellows they have overtaken because they enjoy the dynamics of that class. If at any point you feel frustrated:chat to teacher and maybe consider private extra lessons. Attend festivals and workshops to top up weekly training.
    In my friend's class many of her more "advanced" students also choose to go to the beginners' classes as well and join in their routines. They enjoy the company and going over basic moves never does any harm.

Post Thanks / Like

I have attended several beginner classes as intermediates can be hard to find. most have managed to occupy me fairly happily. Some teachers will give extra correctin to those who they can see are a bit more advanced.

funnily enough, the only beginner class that bored me was whe I was a beginner, but that was down to individual teaching

Post Thanks / Like

Teachers cannot always afford to split classes in finer levels of ability.
    Agreed. My teacher recently changed from having separate improver and intermediate classes to doing short courses that are open to both. I think it's been good for everyone, and I get the impression that more people do both classes now as there's a good mix of familiar moves and new challenges for everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12