Facebook Fanpages...

Pirika Repun

Tarik's page

This is NOT my fan page, but my teacher, friend and forum member Tarik's fan page.

Tarik Sultan | Facebook

Some of you guys wondering where he has been??? He is fine, just busy for teaching, performing and some other personal stuff that everybody have in common. ;) Hope you guys join his fan page! :D

shiradotnet

I'm 21 folks away from having 1500 people who like my page.

Gee, are you and I having a race? Mine is currently at 1,551.

Anybody care to make it 1,552?

Here's the link: Shira's Facebook Page

Mine currently shows how to write the goddess Bast's name in hieroglyphs, and in the comments below it I explain what each of the three symbols means.

Last edited:

Caroline_afifi

you are all nuts!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I will never even make it to the starting line.. I see a name I dont know (or whom I dont have any friends in common with) and click ignore!

shiradotnet

I will never even make it to the starting line.. I see a name I dont know (or whom I dont have any friends in common with) and click ignore!

Ah, but there's a difference between one's personal account and a "fan page". You and I are friended to each other on our personal accounts.

However, fan pages are open to the public, and they serve as a vehicle for "public figures" to broadcast info to anyone who might be interested. So, for example, a celebrity actress might use a fan page to post photos of herself, announce awards she has been nominated for, chat about current tv shows or movies that she's working on, etc. Her fans can thus feel more connected to her, and track info that may interest them.

A lot of belly dancers (including me) have both a "personal page" on which they have "friend" relationships and a "fan page" whose purpose is to broadcast their "stuff". So, I use my "fan page" to announce workshops I'm teaching, trips to Egypt I'm co-sponsoring, new stuff on Shira.net, etc. I use my "personal page" to keep in touch with dancers I feel a personal connection with. So, on my personal page I might post a comment about having just gotten a massage or just baked an apple pie, but on my "fan page" I'd try to stick more to stuff that people who don't know me well would care about.

On a "fan page", you don't have reciprocal friend relationships the way you do on a personal page. Any member of the public can click "like" to see your ongoing updates.

lizaj

you are all nuts!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Same rule here..though I even think about why they might be friends with friends.
I've had a long long list of young Egyptian men who want to be my friend..do they lack a grandma and long for the weekly bag of sweets..mmmm:think:

Go 'on get a fan page:D

Samira_dncr

Ah, but there's a difference between one's personal account and a "fan page". You and I are friended to each other on our personal accounts.

On a "fan page", you don't have reciprocal friend relationships the way you do on a personal page. Any member of the public can click "like" to see your ongoing updates.

You beat me to the punch. Yes, personal profiles and business pages are very different indeed. And Shira, the only reason I've passed you is that I'm paying for ads. [ssshhhhh...it's a secret]

Samira_dncr

I've had a long long list of young Egyptian men who want to be my friend..do they lack a grandma and long for the weekly bag of sweets..mmmm:think:

Bwahahahaha. That's pretty much my only rule. I won't "friend" any of those guys. I've had more marriage proposals that I ever care to receive...and I'm already married!!

Amulya

Bwahahahaha. That's pretty much my only rule. I won't "friend" any of those guys. I've had more marriage proposals that I ever care to receive...and I'm already married!!

:lol:
Everybody who sends me a friends requests gets the 'belly dance check' that means: they themselves have to belly dance.
Or people I know, that's totally fine.

Aniseteph

Is it just me or is Facebook taking over the universe? I just saw a thread on Bhuz about everyone drifting off to FB, it seems quiet here... am I the only person on the planet who is creeped out by the idea of posting her doings/likes/dislikes all over teh interwebs?

Who needs telescreens?