Facebook Fanpages...

Darshiva

I would if I could figure out how to make one. The tutorial confused me. (Great, now I feel old! lol!)

Can one of you marvellous ladies help walk me through it please?

shiradotnet

Congratulations on topping 1,000! Mine currently has about 1,200 fans. Here's the link:

Shira's Fan Page

I try to keep mine interesting by posting quotable quotes, interesting facts I've stumbled upon, dance-related links (usually news stories or articles) that I think people might like, etc. Of course, I do also use it to draw attention to updates to Shira.net such as new articles or rewritten old ones. I do also use it to announce workshops that I'll be teaching and my dance-related schedule.

Last edited:

Samira_dncr

Congratulations on topping 1,000! Mine currently has about 1,200 fans.

Thanks Shira!! It was hard to believe when we hit 500 fans, let alone 1000. Whew. It's very exciting!!

I post little announcements about how the event is developing, which vendors are coming, which teachers will be there, ad deadlines, audition deadlines, etc. I love having a fan page. And of course it's nice to get comment from fans. :)

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I'm not good enough yet to have a fan page.......but I dream some day I will :D

*now saunters off to become a fan of some more pages*

Amulya

I think I have a group for Tribaret dancers. I'm not sure if I stay on Facebook, I just don't have time for checking my Facebook. I check once in 2 weeks. Not sure what's the use of it.

Darshiva

Hi Amulya,

I use facebook for networking with other dancers. In fact, that's nearly ALL I use it for. There are an awful lot of us on there now!

Amulya

I know :)! But yet I haven't found many where I live, that would be great because I wish there was some kind of community here.
Most of the dancers in my friends list I don't even know and the requests keep coming. I'm just wondering if that is of any use. But I've have some people of this forum in my list :)

Samira_dncr

Well, facebook has been incredibly useful for me as an advertising medium. It's an inexpensive way to get the word out to lots of dancers about the event I produce in Las Vegas annually. For a local dancer/teacher, I'm not sure how useful it would be beyond networking. I wonder if anyone has had any luck advertising for gigs via facebook. One thing I like is how specific you can target your ads.

Samira_dncr

Congratulations on topping 1,000! Mine currently has about 1,200 fans. Here's the link:

Shira's Fan Page

I try to keep mine interesting by posting quotable quotes, interesting facts I've stumbled upon, dance-related links (usually news stories or articles) that I think people might like, etc. Of course, I do also use it to draw attention to updates to Shira.net such as new articles or rewritten old ones. I do also use it to announce workshops that I'll be teaching and my dance-related schedule.

I think I'm gaining on you Shira! ;) We just passed 1,111 fans....and counting. Tee hee. :lol::lol: