~Hi~ From Alberta Canada

GypsyStacey

I'm new to this forum & new to belly dancing as well. I'm 39 single mom with a fantastic boy friend. I actually start my first lesson TONIGHT...I'm very excited...:lol: I'm here to learn what I can & pick up some tips. I don't know that much about belly dancing, but I love dance. I'm a very artistic person & for a good portion of my life enjoyed performing singing, acting & dancing (jazz). I see this being a GREAT fit. I also live in a small town & currently my social circle when not with DBF are the ppl I work with. Which is great, but I need to expand that circle. Not to mention I feelt hat BD is a great powerful dance for women. Okay I'm rambling :naghty:. Catch you all around the boards.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Hello from the far east side! This is a really great forum with lots of knowlegable women here. Have a look around and feel free to pop in and ask a question..or even start one up.

GypsyStacey

Hi!! Thank you for the welcome. I'm slowly finding my way around the boards & reading a bunch of stuff. Guess I should also get some work done huh?

Sita

A love of dance is the first step to a bellydance obsession, so be warned :lol:. I hope your first lesson went well and I wish you happy posting on the forum.
love
Sita :)

GypsyStacey

Sita my first lesson went AWESOME!!! i do love to dance so i believe i'm already hooked. my ds keeps telling me to stop shaking my hips...lol. want to look for some workshops i can take in the spring/summer as well!

Sita

Sita my first lesson went AWESOME!!! i do love to dance so i believe i'm already hooked. my ds keeps telling me to stop shaking my hips...lol. want to look for some workshops i can take in the spring/summer as well!
:dance::dance: I'm glad it went so well - Allow me to officially Welcome you to the world of bellydance addicts. :yay::yay:
love Sita

GypsyStacey

ty sita. i ordered my first dvd for practice last week so waiting for that to come. plus i picked up one at walmart for $5. so i'm on my way.

Farasha Hanem

ty sita. i ordered my first dvd for practice last week so waiting for that to come. plus i picked up one at walmart for $5. so i'm on my way.

:shok: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!? The company I work for now carries bellydance DVD's??? And for FIVE DOLLARS?!? :shok:

Awwwwwwwwww, why can't my Wal-Mart carry instructional DVD's for five dollars? :( *pouts*

:D Oh! Btw, welcome to the forum... XD

GypsyStacey

:shok: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!? The company I work for now carries bellydance DVD's??? And for FIVE DOLLARS?!? :shok:

Awwwwwwwwww, why can't my Wal-Mart carry instructional DVD's for five dollars? :( *pouts*

:D Oh! Btw, welcome to the forum... XD

it's not an earth shattering change my world BD dvd...BUT...she does a good job at explaining hip circles & chest circles. gets me up moving & practicing which is a good thing yes while watching my reflection.