Thread: loosey goosey!

Post Thanks / Like

Default loosey goosey!

I have only been trained for one month, I am a perfectionist dancer and one thing is really annoying. My teachers love me, they say my steps are perfect and I already move up from beginners class to interm. within 3 practices...however Im so stiff when I dance, I mean I do the snake arms to get that flow, but I concentrate so hard on making my lets say figure 8's so persise that my upper half is isolated *as it should*, but its also boring and stiff-----will the "rubber band effect" that so mnay dancers get come within time and more and more practice.....

Post Thanks / Like

Ofcourse it will. Not everything comes within 3 lessons Just be patient and keep enjoying yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Give it time!! Many of the dancers you see in videos have been dancing for decades. And actually, it isn't the technique that defines the dance (although good technique is something to aim for) but rather how you interpret the music. The feeling. The musicality. The emotion.

Post Thanks / Like

Teachers like their students to feel confident, maybe you think you're not doing it right while you are actually doing it right