Spin-off -plagiarism?

Aniseteph

Someone was saying on another thread that one site had lifted another's content on policies... their About Belly Dance Costumes looked kind of familiar... :think:

It's very close to Salome's costuming article, but they have clearly tweaked it and spun their angle in places (and, er, reinterpreted the grammar and punctuation and what is "breaded fringe"????!!! ). It makes for an interesting comparison.

Salome says: "Gowns are not common. Neither are pants, Turkish dancers often show legs to full advantage." (restrained and sticking to the facts)
They say (my bold): In Turkey, gowns as belly dancing costumes are not very likely but neither are pants. This is because local dancers know that legs should be shown to full advantage." (duh, of COURSE you should flash your legs!)

Salome also neglected to mention (and I can't imagine why ;) :lol:) that:
Usually, belly dance costumes are also revealing and are conducive for stuffing paper money. Appreciative observers and viewers of belly dance often show appreciation and admiration to a belly dance number by stuffing or placing money bills into the very few, scented recesses of the belly dancer's belly dance costume.

Why were we not told there had to be scented recesses, eh? (Is it just me, or is that a bit too much interest in the details of body tipping?)

Salome says (of mass-produced turkish costumes): "A full costume will come with either a sheer pantaloon or skirt with no, or minimal, decoration and may also include a veil. Fabrics tend to be an industrial strength polyester/chiffon blend."
They say: "Sheer skirt or pantaloon with minimal or no decoration at all can be a full Turkish belly dance costume. Veils can be part of the overall getup. The belly dance costumes fabrics are strong and flexible as they are often made up of durable polyester or chiffon blend."

Dontchajust love the spin on that? Turning "industrial strength" which could imply not quite the sort of floaty chiffon fairy high end image you might want to convey, into a selling point? :cool: :lol:

I do not know if their hip scarf info is lifted, but LMAO at the Main Function section - just the teensiest bit too keen to explain where the action is. Maybe they think there's a scented recess around.

None of it excuses poor customer care, but there's some hilarious stuff on there.
* To use a hip scarf, simply tie it around the hip without much ado and abruptly start shaking. Most of the time, there is no need to be overly creative and aesthetic in tying.

alosha

I don't know that I would want to receive paper money in my scented recesses... :think: seems kinda germy.

Salome

Administrator
Scented recesses? bahahahahahaha

Wow, yeah, there are three pretty big chunks of plagerism going on there. I had no idea.

This is a Turkish company based in Istanbul - dealing in costumes. So, one would think this particular company could put something together themselves and in their own words. :confused:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Scented recesses. Love that hipscarf description, so hipscarves should have warnings with them "Caution! Butt will begin shaking automatically without warning once hipscarf is tied around hips":shok:

I have this picture going on in my head of bellydancers, with just a bra or some sort of top on and so that they show their legs to full advantage are wearing only their hipscarf butts shaking uncontrollably!:shok:
~Mosaic

Amulya

Scented recesses. Love that hipscarf description, so hipscarves should have warnings with them "Caution! Butt will begin shaking automatically without warning once hipscarf is tied around hips":shok:

I have this picture going on in my head of bellydancers, with just a bra or some sort of top on and so that they show their legs to full advantage are wearing only their hipscarf butts shaking uncontrollably!:shok:
~Mosaic

Hehehehehe :lol::lol::lol: where is that rolling smiley when you need it?!

Shanazel

* To use a hip scarf, simply tie it around the hip without much ado and abruptly start shaking.

Sort of the belly dancer's version of Snow White after she ate the slice of poisoned apple?

How's this, Amulya?