Hi from Istanbul/Portland

davidr

Hi everyone, thanks for having a great online community here. As Salome is an Oregon Country Fair friend of mine, I'm ashamed I haven't come around sooner. :redface: I am also on tribe these days.

I am a long time musician turned mid east musician/producer. In Portland, Oregon from 2001 to 2005 I produced workshops and concerts with many great artists, and for the last few years I've been learning Turkish percussion in Istanbul. Recently, I've started producing instructional DVD's and CD's. The first project was just released for Arabic Derbakki drum. If you look to the left you will see it! ; ) The current project is for dance.

Sorry, not trying to make an ad here, it's just my life. ; )

My wife is a retired oriental style dancer and fire dancer, but she has been studying Turkish Romany dance here for the last 4 years with the wonderful Reyhan Tuzsuz(I think I saw an article about Reyhan somewhere on oriental dancer, no?).

Anyway, as you can see I'm really into all aspects of Mid East performance arts and really enjoy networking, conversing and helping people out.

Thanks again and I look forward to 'meeting' all of you.

david reihs
dhavir productions

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Great to have you here, I am sure a number of people will be happy to see you, often queries & questions come up about music. You will probably be able to offer answers.

By the way you can put your DVDs/CDs in the market place.
Cheers
~Mosaic

Marya

Hi David,

Nice to see you here, Salome is running a contest to win one of your CDs.

Marya

Enterprise OR