Amir Thaleb..what am I in for?

lizaj

Looks like the promise of a great experience. But has anyone out there seen him dance,been taught by him.
As ever I am looking forward to JoY but this is his first time in the UK so....

Tarik Sultan

Well, I've never taken a workshop with him, but I've never heard bad things about him. I'll be teaching in Argentina late May, so I plan to take at least one of his workshops if I have the time and energy.

I think his classes tend to be greared more towards upper level students. I only saw part of his workshop when we were both teaching at Yahalla Yall in Texas a few years back. He did lots of combinations, that's all I saw. I'd say just go and enjoy it. if you cant follow, take mental notes. At least you'll come away with lots of new ideas perhaps. I don't think you could go wrong. Its not Egyptian style, very Lebanese, but I think you'll enjoy it.

Looks like the promise of a great experience. But has anyone out there seen him dance,been taught by him.

Caroline_afifi

Thanks for posting this Liz. :D

It is great to see a male dancer take on a big song and express it this way as I really dont see that too often.

I remember mentioning this a while ago on the male dancing thread.

taheya

I cant wait for Joy- I have booked a workshop with Amir thaleb am very optimisitic after the videos I have seen on youtube- go for it Liz!:dance:

Maria_Aya

Loved this video !!! I had long time to see him in a new video and this was like fresh air !!! jealous of all of you that will be in his class !!!! xooxox

mandyt

In answer to your question Liz - A great time trust me.