Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guidelines

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guilty of doing that in my old classes. It's true, they just keep showing up later and later. Gonna love a fresh start!

Unless someone has a foot fungus and no dance shoes, I agree one hundred percent about the socks. Very slippery.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't include a rule about shedding coin hip scarves as I would be a huge hypocrite. I still like the silly things on occasion and the noise don't bother me. If they shed too much, or people complain they will get removed. They are very popular for class attire around here. Not for workshops of course.

So far...

• No gum, food, or drinks in the class room. Water only. Bring your own water bottle.
    • Wear appropriate class attire. (I will have specifics listed on the website)
    • Only paying participants are allowed in the room during class time. Don’t bring your kids or friends and relatives unless they’re taking and paying for the class too.
    • No filming or pictures without permission.
    • Please leave your daily troubles at the door. Class should be a positive time to allow everyone to focus.
    • You will receive feedback and correction in class to help you to progress as a dancer.
    • Cell phones must be off at all times unless there’s a REAL emergency or you are on call for work.
    • Be on time. If you miss the warm up and stretch, you may stay and observe the class, or proceed quietly to the back and warm up and stretch on your own.
    • I will occasionally physically guide you in class. If you have a problem being touched, tell me and I will find a different way to help you.
    • If you don't understand ask me and not your classmates. They might have the exact same question you do.
    • Respect yourself and each other.
    • Handouts and choreographies are my intellectual property. Please don’t reproduce them, teach or perform them without my permission. Most of the time I will say yes, but ask me first. If you would like me to choreograph a piece just for you, I can give you a free quote.
    • Do not share, copy or download music or videos illegally. Respect copyright law.
    • Please don't chatter with your classmates or play finger cymbals while I'm talking. Less downtime and interruption leaves more time for learning.
    • All of our studio spaces are scent free to accommodate those who are sensitive.
    • Relax and enjoy class 
    Last edited by Jane; 03-09-2010 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Mi pour schpelling

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good Jane, you have a typo with scent missing 'c' The chatter/play finger cymbals is a good one, so many times I have wanted to yell in a very loud voice "shut-up" and i am not the teacher She stops teaching until everyone is quiet, but we miss the minute or whatever it is until they shush! Very frustrating.

Coin hipscarves are popular here as well and I like them as do both my teachers, we also wear just beaded or mixed beads and coin. No one complains.
    ~Mosaic
    Last edited by Mosaic; 03-09-2010 at 06:41 AM.
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    Looks good Jane, you have a typo with scent missing 'c' ~Mosaic
    Good catch Mosaic! Spell check wouldn't have gotten that one.

Post Thanks / Like

You forgot the chocolate bribes. Veeeeery important.

Post Thanks / Like

That should go without saying! It's so obvious...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Unless someone has a foot fungus and no dance shoes, I agree one hundred percent about the socks. Very slippery.
    Foot fungus shouldn’t be the only reason for wearing socks/shoes in class.

I'd rather wear socks, even slippery ones, if I've forgotten my dance shoes/ballet slippers than dancing barefoot - simply to avoid getting foot fungus, plantar warts or other plantar diseases.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

That should go without saying! It's so obvious...
    Well, maybe... but you can't mention chocolate too often!

I see your point, Daimona, but I still would refuse to let a student dance in socks. Falls are too big an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Falls are too big an issue.
    I do understand the responsibility you feel for the students.

But I'd actually rather fall in class (after all it's my responsibility, and I don't bother getting a few bruises that'll heal in a couple of weeks) than go through a hard cryosurgery for several weeks again (I did once, then walked barefoot in a public place and got a multiresistent bacterial infection in my foot )
    Last edited by Daimona; 03-11-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

What a total bummer, Daimona! I bet you don't forget your dance slippers for class.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast