Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it hopeless?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Dickson but a quick search found schools in both Nashville and Clarksville. I suppose it depends on how far you are willing to drive. Perhaps you can arrange some occasional personal classes when you have the time and money.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh, I didn't know there were any so close! I will definitely check that out when I have money. Thanks, Ariadne!

Post Thanks / Like

My pleasure. I know how hard it can be to find a teacher at times.

Post Thanks / Like

I did a little research, myself, and I do believe the Renaissance Center in Dickson has a class.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Desidra,

I am over in East TN. The place to look for classes or workshops would be Nashville for you. Try Shiras site for teacher listings if I remember right. I too am working from DVD but I took classes years ago so have sturcture down.

One DVD I recommend highly is Habiba Quick Start Belly Dance. It is 2 DVD's but a whole course not just one class. Real easy to follow and work with, you can pick what you want to work on. It is a 4 hours broken down to class segments. Even has homework to do. She is Egyptain style. There are 9 lesson section on these DVD total covering everything.

Hope that helps some. I am off to do my intro to site but just had to respend to you.

Keep dancing,
    Nebetmiw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nebetmiw View Post
    One DVD I recommend highly is Habiba Quick Start Belly Dance. It is 2 DVD's but a whole course not just one class. Real easy to follow and work with, you can pick what you want to work on. It is a 4 hours broken down to class segments. Even has homework to do. She is Egyptain style. There are 9 lesson section on these DVD total covering everything.

LOVE that video (mine is 2 VHS tapes). LOVE Habiba.

Post Thanks / Like

Desidra, I know what you mean. I am 100+ lbs. overweight (but losing weight fast ) and I let that stop me from trying it; even for fun, even in my own home! I regret that. Now that I have decided to get healthy and lose weight, I feel more confident (well, sort of) to try it. Even though I have a long way to go, I wish I hadn't waited and if I don't lose one more inch, I will keep going and pursuing it. My friend in NY turned me on to belly dance years ago and she dances and is 300 lbs. She doesn't let it stop her at all. I was just weaker than her! lol! You do it! Don't let weight stop you anymore! Go girl!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12