Diana Haddad - Ya Aaybo

Yshka

Hey Daimona,

found them at another place I frequent. Credits for the Arabic script and translation go to Larosa, from Allthelyrics(dot)com:cool:

Larosa @ allthelyrics (dot) com said:
يا عيبه//shame oh him
بس استحي ع شيبتك..يا عيبه يا عيبه//just get ashamed for your old,shame oh him
و حاجة تقلل هيبتك..يا عيبه يا عيبه//it something disgracefull for you ,shame on him
سنينك صارو بينعدو يلي متلك شو بدو//your teet can be counted(they are few),who does people like you want from this life?
و بعدك داير ليل نهار عالصبايا و عم تنهار//and you're still spining night and day ,hiting at girls
ما هو اللي بعمرك صار عم يقولو له يا جدو//people with your age are being called "grandpa"

بتلطش و بتطلع عالحلوين بتدلع//you say words,and you came out to chiks
ما اكبر حلو بتطلع من عمر ولاد ولادك//the oldest one is as old as your grandchildren
ولادك مشتلقين عليك عم تطلع هيك و هيك//your sons now about you that you're looking around
دغري بيزوغو عينيك و ما بيعودو يتهدو//your eyes are being excited so quickly and never get calmed down

يا عمو شوي اتهدى جسمك بالكاد مهدى//oh uncly calm down a little,your body is barely attched
بست الحلوة على خدها يمكن تعملك قصة//you kissed the chik on her cheek she may get mad at you
حاجة تحن و حاجة ترق و ع ابواب الحلوين تدق//stop being affectional and stop being tender,and stop knocking on sweet girls doors
تأكد ما بيفتحلك باب كل مفاتيحك صدّو//make sure no one will open the door for you,all you keys are ruined

بس استحي ع شيبتك..يا عيبه يا عيبه//just get ashamed for your old,shame oh him
و حاجة تقلل هيبتك..يا عيبه يا عيبه//it something disgracefull for you ,shame on him
سنينك صارو بينعدو يلي متلك شو بدو//your teet can be counted(they are few),who does people like you want from this life?
و بعدك داير ليل نهار عالصبايا و عم تنهار//and you're still spining night and day ,hiting at girls
ما هو اللي بعمرك صار عم يقولو له يا جدو//people with your age are being called "grandpa"

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Very strange Lyrics when translated into English ... I am assuming 'teet' is teeth? what about 'your body is barely attached' Seems grandpa is having a high old time :lol:
~Mosaic

Yshka

Dear Mosaic, I think sometimes the translation of Arabic language into English is difficult because of the high level of poetic speech (in search of a better word here) when very graphically describing certain things. Shame on grandpa though!
A fellow Dutch dancer met a grandpa like this in Cairo the other day, who called her 'as beautiful as the morning'. She wondered wether she'd like to get such a comment from a teethless grandpa like that, but figured it was good for her self-esteem anyway.:lol:

Dear Daimona, don't worry, it might have been the spelling and/or numbers involved. You're very welcome!!:D

BTW, Mosaic, I see you're online now, what time is it there (i'm weird I know, but I think it's totally cool to actually notice the time difference. It's 1:12 AM here hehe)

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Dear Mosaic, I think sometimes the translation of Arabic language into English is difficult because of the high level of poetic speech (in search of a better word here) when very graphically describing certain things. Shame on grandpa though!
A fellow Dutch dancer met a grandpa like this in Cairo the other day, who called her 'as beautiful as the morning'. She wondered wether she'd like to get such a comment from a teethless grandpa like that, but figured it was good for her self-esteem anyway.:lol:

Dear Daimona, don't worry, it might have been the spelling and/or numbers involved. You're very welcome!!:D

BTW, Mosaic, I see you're online now, what time is it there (i'm weird I know, but I think it's totally cool to actually notice the time difference. It's 1:12 AM here hehe)

It was 11.12 AM here in Melbourne Oz when you edited your post which I assume was around 1.12AM as you wrote in your post:D

As for translations I know translating from poetic languages to English cause loss of what is meant to be. Chinese to English is very much the same or sounds very long winded.

What a delightful comment your fellow dancer received "Beautiful as the morning" I'd accept that from a toothless grandpa, I am sure after a comment like that I'd walk around with a sunny smile all day long.
~Mosaic