An apology

ababalond

I realise now that i came into this forum site as bit a bit of bull in china shop! after my first post, i browsed a few threads and thought I'd picked up on waspish atmoshphere and regreted posting myself, for not to fall under a similar cutting.

But I see now what I'd percieved as cutting was not at all the case, but heathly arguments between different schools of thought and styles of belly dance. Unfortunately what I thought I'd percieved coloured the rest of everything else I came across and responded to on here, and for that i sincerely apologise for, to those parties.

last night passing onto the early hours of this morning, on night duty, I came across other threads on here, by coincidence on a google search on Baladi to inform myself, and read feedback from those parties i'd butted heads with so to speak, and over reading these threads realised my error.

again I sincerely apologise to all parties. :think::(:confused:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I am sure everyone is OK about it ... we mostly have hard heads here, but thank you for your apology that is really very sweet and of course accepted, even though for my part you haven't phased me and all is :D

I am sure you will see some head butting, it happens, but we do try to douse the flames and smoke to a breathable level;)
Just hope you continue to enjoy the forum
~Mosaic

Aniseteph

Awww.... good for you Ababalond. :clap:

It's easy to misread people when you are new and only seeing part of the picture. It's hard to come back and say sorry - respect to you for that. :cool: :cool: :cool:

No worries - keep on posting!

Makeda Maysa

Good on you for being open to see that you may have been in error and for apologizing. Thanks! Welcome to OD and let's start fresh!

Pleasant dancer

Communication is a funny thing - when we are face to face it's generally much easier to "read" exactly what the person is saying and get it right (though even then we sometimes are misunderstood!).

Writing is entirely different - there's no face to scan, no accent to pick up on, no feelings to acknowledge, and often little knowledge of the writer. It's so easy to misunderstand. so don't beat yourself up. We all write something that isn't quite what we mean to say. Best thing, IMO, is to take your time when writing/replying and think how something sounds to a stranger reading it. Be prepared to elaborate when others don't quite get your meaning.

But well done for taking the time to go over things and apologise, even if it wasn't as much of a problem as you think. :clap:

Sita

:clap:Thank you for taking the time to discuss the issue and being so gracious, it is greatly appreciated and respected. :clap:

On this general topic and the forum, I just wanted to say... Passion always leads to emotional discourse and hightened feelings. We've all gotten carried away online and said things we regret (I know I have). The thing is, while we have dramatic and tense debates here (which is the nature of such forums I feel) this forum is much more than those threads alone. We are a community who share in a love of bellydance and that is the central thing we should always remember.
Sita

Last edited:

TribalDancer

*high five*
I wish there was a way to gently introduce people to the atmosphere of healthy debate that occurs on these forms, and steele them against any possible frustration or misunderstandings (or genuinely negative feedback that sometimes happens). But I am happy for you that you have found value in it, and your post is so wonderful.

*passing you a drink of choice*